Error in database with Member field (Pages)

Sonya*

Hi,

I have the same error throughout my different installations with database in Pages. Very easy to reproduce:

1. Create a new database in Pages with default options
  2. Add a new field of type Member.
  3. Try to add a new record to this database

The error I get:

ErrorException: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Db\Db.php(523): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', 'C:\\Users\\Sonya\\...', 523, Array)
#1 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Db\Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT COUNT(*)...', Array, true)
#2 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Db\Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#3 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Db\Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#4 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\cms\sources\Fields\Fields.php(1014): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\cms\_Fields::validateUnique(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\cms\Fields2), NULL)
#6 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\cms\sources\Fields\Fields.php(403): call_user_func_array('IPS\\cms\\Fields2...', Array)
#7 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\FormAbstract.php(377): IPS\cms\_Fields::IPS\cms\{closure}(Object(IPS\Member))
#8 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\TextArea.php(119): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->validate()
#9 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\Text.php(287): IPS\Helpers\Form\_TextArea->validate()
#10 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\Member.php(149): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Text->validate()
#11 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\FormAbstract.php(165): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Member->validate()
#12 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\FormAbstract.php(142): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->setValue(true)
#13 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\TextArea.php(66): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->__construct('content_field_5', NULL, 1, Array, Object(Closure), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#14 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\Text.php(127): IPS\Helpers\Form\_TextArea->__construct('content_field_5', NULL, 1, Array, Object(Closure), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#15 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Helpers\Form\Member.php(70): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Text->__construct('content_field_5', NULL, 1, Array, Object(Closure), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#16 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\cms\sources\Fields\Fields.php(3030): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Member->__construct('content_field_5', NULL, 1, Array, Object(Closure))
#17 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\cms\sources\Fields\Fields.php(413): IPS\cms\_Fields->buildHelper(NULL, Object(Closure), NULL, 0)
#18 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\cms\sources\Records\Records.php(434): IPS\cms\_Fields::fields(Array, 'add', Object(IPS\cms\Categories2), 0, NULL)
#19 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\cms\modules\admin\databases\records.php(360): IPS\cms\_Records::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\cms\Categories2))
#20 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\admin\databases\_records->form()
#21 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\cms\modules\admin\databases\records.php(36): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#22 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\cms\modules\admin\databases\_records->execute()
#23 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\admin\index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#24 {main}

It happens on 4.4.3 and 4.4.4, on Windows and Linux. Anybody else? Have I misconfigurated something?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, Sonya* said:

Hi,

I have the same error throughout my different installations with database in Pages. Very easy to reproduce:

1. Create a new database in Pages with default options
  2. Add a new field of type Member.
  3. Try to add a new record to this database

Did you ever figure this out?

In the profile page for your members does it show any of your profile field types properly? After upgrading all my Profile Fields show up as the word "Array", regardless of their type.

I'm suspecting it's an incompatibility with one of my plugins or applications that I need to figure out.

Archived