Doesn't invision have topic icons??

Black Tiger

We are used to be able to put icons and smilies in topic titles.

That way users can express if they post a news topic or a humoristic topic or some idea (lamp icon) etc.

But I can't find this in Invision. I kow there is an extension/mod for this but I can't imagine Invision being the only one of the most well known not having some default ones or does not have an option to put them in there some how?

Or does Invision really don't have them?

Yes that would be nice, unfortunately that won't work. I already tried that before.

A textual smilie with : and ) is not translated to 🙂 (like it does on my forum) and if you click the emoji in the editor when typing the title, the emoji is put in the text field of the post.

So if it's possible in another way, please let me know.

It would be a lot nicer if topic icons were a default option in Invision.

What is WIN + for a thing, a key combo? When I use the windows key and the + key, then my screen becomes twice as big. Get's smaller by using the windows key and - again.

I do have Windows 10 professional as OS. What am I doing wrong?

3 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

It would be a lot nicer if topic icons were a default option in Invision.

What is WIN + for a thing, a key combo? When I use the windows key and the + key, then my screen becomes twice as big. Get's smaller by using the windows key and - again.

I do have Windows 10 professional as OS. What am I doing wrong?

Whoops, that period looked like it was on the end of the sentence.

Press "WIN + . " (Windows key and the period key) -  https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-emoji-panel-windows-10

Likewise, MobileOS have it as part of their keyboards and on MacOS you can use CMD + CTRL + Spacebar

That's an option but that is too devious since you can use them almost anywhere instead of searching and the copying and pasting.

In the text it's no issue at all, then it is indeed textual input, a character sequence. But that does not work in the topic title section, only in the posting section.

So I like the Winkey + dot very much. Little work needed, it's just like choosing one like with other software.

Archived