Community

FEATURE REQUEST: notifications for unread PMs

I think it would be nice if admins were able to configure the suite to email reminders to people that they have unread PMs, e.g., if they have PMs x days/weeks old which haven't been read, then send a reminder which would be repeated X times (so a reasonable non-spamming limit could be specified).

In addition, this could be limited/configured by group (or even perhaps by specific member for situations requiring more granularity).  As a bonus, it would be even nicer to be able to use tokens to customise the notifications, e.g., "You have unread PMs from <member>." (lol...tried using square brackets and it doesn't show).

A lot of people seem to rely pretty heavily on the PM system (including myself), so I think this would be a nice feature to have.

It would obviously be preferable to have this as part of the core suite, but perhaps some ambitious third-party developer wants to think about this....

Edited by liquidfractal