Unable to load certain forums

Real Deal

Anyone ever have an issue with loading certain forums within your community?  It only happens when I'm logged in.  It takes FOREVER to load a couple of forums, while everyone else isn't having the problem AND I can load them as a guest.  Doesn't make any sense to me.

I've cleared cookies, tried different browsers (Chrome and IE on my computer, even Safari on my phone), logged in as someone else, etc.

Help!!!

5 minutes ago, Real Deal said:

Anyone ever have an issue with loading certain forums within your community?  It only happens when I'm logged in.  It takes FOREVER to load a couple of forums, while everyone else isn't having the problem AND I can load them as a guest.  Doesn't make any sense to me.

I've cleared cookies, tried different browsers (Chrome and IE on my computer, even Safari on my phone), logged in as someone else, etc.

Help!!! 

Perhaps it is a good idea to create a test account in your community and provide a link to your forums and access data this account.
Different tests can find a reason for your issues.

You can also check permissions for different groups of users - compare with guests / if correctly I understand guests have no issues /

11 minutes ago, Joel R said:

1. Do you have a lot of third party apps and plugins installed?

2.  Are you cloud hosted?  If yes, send in a ticket.  

No sir, I've disabled everything (which wasn't much at all).  And no, I'm not cloud hosted.

5 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Perhaps it is a good idea to create a test account in your community and provide a link to your forums and access data this account.
Different tests can find a reason for your issues.

You can also check permissions for different groups of users - compare with guests / if correctly I understand guests have no issues /

Login: Test Member
Password: testing
http://www.lakernation.com

And I did try different groups of users, by logging into others' accounts.  Still the same results, even though they aren't having issues on their end (just slow loading times every now and then for them, while my loading issue is 24/7).

11 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Before I do the tests I have a question - Why do you still support the 3.4.9 IPB version. Is not it better to upgrade to 4.4.4?

Long story short, I left that up to the site owners a while back, and they sort of bailed out and left me with it all.  Unfortunately, I've been out for a while with kidney failure, and I basically just work and do dialysis...little time for message boards.  Trying to get back into it, though!

I did notice something.  When you said to test groups, I actually logged in using about 10 accounts.  The groups I can't seem to see the forums with are those that moderate (admins and moderators).  HOWEVER, I changed the new test account into an admin, and I was able to see the forum...so I don't get it.

FYI - the two forums are Lakers Talk and NBA Talk.

1 hour ago, Real Deal said:

Help!!!

Makes no difference to me, logged in and not logged in. Have you tried a different pc?

4 minutes ago, Adlago said:

However, you can try a recache on the site:

Tools & Settings  >  Cache Management > RecacheAll

and recache skin

Look & Feel  >  Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Edit Setting your skin ... and Save Set (without change)

Tried both.  I can't seem to figure it out.

9 hours ago, Real Deal said:

Nothing at all.  Just loading up (waiting for lakernation.com...).

What I think in this case - it is possible that your account or group of accounts may have blocked broken sessions. Ie. when you now want to load these forums - from a communication point of view, your browser is trying to make a double connection - that's why you get this result.

Try this:
1. Turn offline your community.
2. Sign out of your community.
3. Open the phpMyadmin. Find and open in database table 'sessions'.
4. Mark all rows and delete all sessions. (you probably have many pages with saved sessions - delete all sessions)
5. Remove cache and cookies from your browser
6. Sign In your community -> ACP - remove the cache on the site
7. Turn online your community.
Do tests the loading of your forums.

Archived