Create list of members who have opted in for newsletters?

Winning

We are using Invision Cloud. Is there a simple way (or not so simple way) to create a list of members who have opted in for newsletters and communications? Or a member group that employs a filter that is somehow based on that?

Thanks!

Go to ACP - Members and use the Advanced Search (the gear icon to the right of the search box) and look for "Allow bulk emails? "

Or use the Download Member List option and look for "Member bulk mail subscription"

BTW, the download method works and is more than fine. A live method would be a nice bonus if it's available, but I don't get any results when following the instructions below. Is it possible it's been renamed to something else?

Go to ACP - Members and use the Advanced Search (the gear icon to the right of the search box) and look for "Allow bulk emails? "

Thanks

I'm going to add on another question here that is related to this. We are a small private forum of about 500 members. The reason I wanted to see this information is the last time I sent out a bulk email the bulk mail management showed it only being sent to 90 members. I clearly selected to send it to ALL members. We use the Invision cloud email service, so it's sending through them.

I submitted a support request asking how it could have only been sent to 90 members, and IIRC they suggested it was because that's how many had probably opted in to receive emails. That seemed inconceivable to me, but this forum is a side gig I have little time to deal with so I left it at that.

Anyhow, I'd like to start to send out a bulk emails now and then, and before I get started I'd like to make sure that does not happen again. If it does it totally screws everything up, because I don't want to have to sent stuff twice and be spamming people who already received it.

Any suggestions as to why that might have happened, or how to make sure it does not happen again?

Thanks

forum.jpg

So what did your check of the subscriber count reveal? If it’s really only 90, then the bulk mail service will never send out more. It could also be there are more but you added bulk mail filters to narrow down who got this mail. 

The bulk mail system will always honor who actually subscribed to the newsletter. Sending mails to others can easily break privacy laws, depending on the country. 

Sorry, I should have included that. About 400. About 100 have opted out. Hence the question. So it would have been about the same amount in the screenshot in 2017. I'll post a screenshot of the filters in a minute in case I missed anything.

Here is a screenshot for the settings of that email. I'm not sure why some of the selections are set to "between mm/dd/yy" as there are obviously no dates there and I assume that at the time I had that set to "any time". If anything looks wrong here let me know. I also made sure the "has a name" could not be the issue.

bulk email.jpg

Yes, that is the case for me as well if I create a new one. It's only the old one that for some reason has the date selection option. Anyhow, I can't see any possible errors so I think I'll just give it another try 2 years later and see if everyone gets emailed this time :-). Just wanted to seek input here first.

"Any time" was not an option previously, it was only recently added (to prevent confusion) and so when editing the mail it will default to whatever was selected when you last saved the bulk mail. In other words, that shouldn't be an issue.

If you are certain ~400 members have selected to opt in to bulk mails but sending a bulk mail that isn't filtering to specific users only reaches ~90, then I could only recommend to submit a ticket so we can investigate.

Archived