Create Menu Items - How are these determined?

AtariAge

Greetings,

Got my forum converted from 3.4.8 to 4.4.4 yesterday.  As an admin, I see the following in my Create menu:

image.png.4a97e5d2b7b160156d528f5b7cb3c511.png

However, I have some users telling me the only items they are only seeing Topic and Gallery Image in their menu.  This same individual also doesn't see the text box at the top of the Recent Status Updates widget (as you can see in the following photo).  

image.png.b79b69f88ae03f3a6a91c08d632500fc.png

This user has permission to use these other apps, and in particular the Status Updates.  I'm at a loss as to why he cannot enter status updates, and why this menu only has two items.  I've ahd other users also report they are unable to create status updates, either in this menu, their profile or at the top of the Recent Status Updates widget.  

Does anyone know why this might be the case?

Thanks,

..Al

1 minute ago, Joy Rex said:

I'm a recent 3.4.x to 4.4.x upgrader as well, so I know what you're going through, getting used to things...

think that Status updates is a per user or per-group setting - that might be why it's not showing on the menu?

It's definitely in the group settings, but I already checked those and they are fine.  I can look at the individual users to see if there's a setting there.  Doesn't explain why Blogs and Events aren't showing up.. 

..Al

I don't see any user-specific permission settings.  There's not much you can really change on a per-user level, mostly just profile-related items. 

..Al

image.thumb.png.6d48e7454fe5da4f93d2007755a68fe1.png

Here's how I have the Status Updates-related group permissions setup. 

..Al

The member itself can disable status updates (in profile-> Edit Profile). Probably that’s why it doesn’t appear for a specific user. 

03FE1562-6027-4C04-80CC-B34E5CF89E33.thumb.jpeg.a80b257bf23e3efcaf8d6cf6a6d17895.jpeg

It also doesn’t show in + Create to me because it’s disabled in my account. 

I can see others but I can’t post and others can’t post in my profile. 

EDIT: I just enabled and it now shows on + Create menu. 

Archived