Grapply Chat - New lower price!

GrapplyLogo.png.c7d9f91d8fb996c0328dc2c658bde068.png

A chat application for Invision Community, integrated directly into your community!

This is not an external embedded chat feature.
Grapply Chat integrates directly into your community and its members, complete with administrative tools and theming capabilities!

What is it?

Grapply Chat gives your community the option to chat with each other from anywhere within your forums!

Most of the existing chat applications for IPS (that I'm aware of) work using a widget or something similar, and generally center around a chat room or something of the likes. This application is specifically for Member to Member chat conversations. It also displays ANYWHERE on your forums, not as a widget but instead as an overlay to all pages.

What's included?

Features (as of v1.0.4)

• Chat with anyone in the community from anywhere.
  • Block / Unblock members from chatting with you.
  • Enable or disable Grapply Chat for specific member groups.
  • View client chat logs from within ACP and download them as CSV, TXT and JSON.
  • The ability to enable/disable Grapply Chat or just chat notifications for your account.
  • The ability to manage your chat blocks from within Account Settings.
  • A full list of online members.
  • A search functionality to search members to chat with.
  • Fully customizable themes using the Grapply Theme Generator so you can rest assured that Grapply Chat will line up with your IPS theme.

What's to come?

Coming Soon (as of v1.0.4)

• Member specific permissions.
  • The ability to report a member and include a log of their chat.
  • Customizable chat bots.
  • Configure an external server to alleviate some of the stress that this application may put on your forum database.
  • The ability to send images and other media including oEmbed content from within chat.
  • Support for parsing emojis.
  • Group messages.
  • More to come!

Other useful information

Important Notes

1. Grapply Chat is still in its early beta phase, these features may not perform with the stability you will expect, but future iterations will improve on them.
  2. This application may have an undesired performance hit on your forums due to the amount of requests required for it to operate. To alleviate this, you can try to raise the Client Refresh Rate in ACP to help with this. In the future, there will be an option to use a secondary server dedicated to chat processing to help alleviate this.
  3. This application is not yet optimized for mobile, and as such will not display on mobile devices.

Market Place File: 

Edited by MrFisc
3 minutes ago, kmk said:

How compromise this chat app development vs Chatbox+ and Chataapp? and the difference?

Most of the existing chat applications for IPS (that I'm aware of) work using a widget or something similar, and generally center around a chat room or something of the likes. This application is specifically for Member to Member chat conversations. It also displays ANYWHERE on your forums, not as a widget but instead as an overlay to all pages.

Keep in mind this application is still in it's very early beta phase, read the application post for more information.

10 minutes ago, MrFisc said:

This application is specifically for Member to Member chat conversations.

So not will not support for 1 to group chat? O is feature will added later? 

Sorry for more questions, but as client side I don't want invest in App that miss compromise by developers thinking in future and for clients needs. That's why I have to ask for more information....

Others media embed?? That's mean PDF DOC etc.??? 

Just now, beats23 said:

Do you have a live demo site I can test ?

I do not currently have a live installation of IPS at the moment, I will look into setting one up for all of my applications to be demod on in the near future. But i would be happy to record a video of it functioning on my development installation if that's something you would like to see. Sorry about that, soon though!

1 minute ago, kmk said:

So not will not support for 1 to group chat? O is feature will added later? 

Sorry for more questions, but as client side I don't want invest in App that miss compromise by developers thinking in future and for clients needs. That's why I have to ask for more information....

Others media embed?? That's mean PDF DOC etc.??? 

Group chat is a feature that will be coming in the future, as is oEmbed support (the ability to send images, embed media, etc). The application is in its beta phase, so until i reach the level of stability i want i don't want to add too many features that could introduce new points of failure. 

23 minutes ago, MrFisc said:

I do not currently have a live installation of IPS at the moment, I will look into setting one up for all of my applications to be demod on in the near future. But i would be happy to record a video of it functioning on my development installation if that's something you would like to see. Sorry about that, soon though!

27 minutes ago, kmk said:

I'll wait till you have a demo site.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Charles Solomon said:

Is this integrated with private messages, or is that wishful thinking?

This is a feature coming soon, although currently it does not integrate with PMs. I'm still deliberating in my head how I want to do that. However, one of the core concepts that came to mind when I initially had the idea for this application was integration into private messages. (That along with automatically pulling the theme for grapply from your existing IPS theme). 

So, rest assured some time in the near future I fully intend to implement this feature. 

I have lowered the price of this application to $20 | +$10/6mo renewal. This price will remain for the duration of the applications beta phase while features are still being implemented. Once the application leaves its beta phase, the price will go back up. As an early adopter you are entitled to the beta phase price point for the duration of your license. 

• 10 months later...