Unique (sequential?) member 'id'

Giray

Hi all.

I would like to assign a membership number to my members. This would be used offline on cards, etc. It would likely have two letters then six numbers.

So two options.

1. I assume I can pull the member ID, somehow, add two letters, and use it in emails and other templates. I don't know how to do this, but I'm sure I can find a dev to do it.
  2. Or, does something exist? Did anyone write an app that allows us to manage member IDs, display them on the postbit, etc.?
  3. It all exists and I missed it?

Thanks all.

A unique member ID is already generated for every user (it is numeric, there are no letters). You would just use this. It doesn't display on the post bit, but you could edit your theme template (or make a plugin to adjust the template) to do so if you wanted.

4 minutes ago, bfarber said:

A unique member ID is already generated for every user (it is numeric, there are no letters). You would just use this. It doesn't display on the post bit, but you could edit your theme template (or make a plugin to adjust the template) to do so if you wanted.

Thanks. That's what I figured. I was just hoping that someone had already written something more elegant and versatile for membership numbers/IDs. This is particularly relevant to clubs. Thanks!

Archived