Licence key problem caused performance issues on our sites

My websites slowed down dramatically when this problem with licence keys appeared. Please rework this part of IPS (which rechecking expired/invalid licence keys, or whatever it does what causing the problem), this must be implemented as background task, so our websites must not be affected when there is a problems on your side.

1 hour ago, Mr 13 said:

My websites slowed down dramatically when this problem with licence keys appeared. Please rework this part of IPS (which rechecking expired/invalid licence keys, or whatever it does what causing the problem), this must be implemented as background task, so our websites must not be affected when there is a problems on your side.

whitney houston agree GIF

We'll certainly look into this, it isn't intentional that a license issue should cause a slowdown. There are already caching mechanisms in place to prevent issues like this if the licensing server isn't available, but we'll look into this and make some adjustments to address this particular scenario.

Thanks. That's nice to know – but what about a status page and maybe a tweet to let people know what's going on. That would have been very handy – and I think a pretty normal thing to do

On 6/9/2019 at 5:42 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

We'll certainly look into this, it isn't intentional that a license issue should cause a slowdown. There are already caching mechanisms in place to prevent issues like this if the licensing server isn't available, but we'll look into this and make some adjustments to address this particular scenario.

Of course it wasn't intentional – it would be scandalous if you had done it on purpose. However, one would have thought that this kind of effect would have been foreseen. – But as I've said elsewhere, the status page and also a few tweets to keep us updated would have been very welcome and maybe you need to think about that in the future

• Management
37 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Thanks. That's nice to know – but what about a status page and maybe a tweet to let people know what's going on. That would have been very handy – and I think a pretty normal thing to do

Of course it wasn't intentional – it would be scandalous if you had done it on purpose. However, one would have thought that this kind of effect would have been foreseen. – But as I've said elsewhere, the status page and also a few tweets to keep us updated would have been very welcome and maybe you need to think about that in the future

Yep, that's a fair point.

Archived