Community

TSP

Hiding posts on page 15 should redirect back to page 15

When hiding a single post (from the Options menu on the post) you are taken back to the page you where on. This is good and works as expected. 

However, when using the multi-select tool and choosing to hide from the moderator toolbox overlay, then you are taken back to the first page. You should be left on the page you were on. 

I've got two hidden posts which I cannot locate or delete, I've only found them in a third-party app.

If I click on them it says they cannot be found.

1 hour ago, Joey_M said:

I've got two hidden posts which I cannot locate or delete, I've only found them in a third-party app.

If I click on them it says they cannot be found.

Unrelated to the original post, should probably submit a ticket so staff can take a look at your database and see if it's something that needs fixed in the codebase.

4 hours ago, TSP said:

When hiding a single post (from the Options menu on the post) you are taken back to the page you where on. This is good and works as expected. 

However, when using the multi-select tool and choosing to hide from the moderator toolbox overlay, then you are taken back to the first page. You should be left on the page you were on. 

Please note, I am NOT arguing against this. That tool allows one to select posts across pages of a topic. Please define what it should do if you select a post on page 1, 5, 10, and 15 to delete while viewing page 20, which no longer exists as of deleting those posts.

This is the kind of thing that the code has to account for in honoring this request.

2 hours ago, Marcher Technologies said:

Please note, I am NOT arguing against this. That tool allows one to select posts across pages of a topic. Please define what it should do if you select a post on page 1, 5, 10, and 15 to delete while viewing page 20, which no longer exists as of deleting those posts.

This is the kind of thing that the code has to account for in honoring this request.

If they are hiding posts and the moderator can see hidden posts then it will be the same. Otherwise I think it should redirect to the page that contains the first visible post after the post that was last hidden.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:37 PM, Marcher Technologies said:

I have no clue what was defined in previous versions. But our moderators really miss the feature after upgrade. It was there and now it is gone. It worth to see how it has worked in previous versions.