Upgrade to 4.4.4 on localhost corrupts ACP

Sonya*

I have run latest upgrade on my localhost. There were some issues, so I run the support tool and disabled all third parties applications and plugins. I have then checked the frontend and everything was OK. But I cannot get into ACP no more. I get the error:

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously I cannot run support tool, if I cannot get into ACP. I have tried RECOVERY_MODE, no chance. I get the login screen for ACP and after sign in the error above. No page for ACP is accessible. The front end loads normal.

I have this behavior on two different installations on my localhost.

Can somebody reproduce the error?

1. Upgrade to 4.4.4
  2. Go to Support and run Support Tool
  3. Disable all 3rd party applications and plugin after the run
  4. Try to login in ACP again.
  5. Any issues?

Thank you!

39 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

I have run latest upgrade on my localhost. There were some issues, so I run the support tool and disabled all third parties applications and plugins. I have then checked the frontend and everything was OK. But I cannot get into ACP no more. I get the error:

Try this:

Open database in PhpMyAdmin - table core_members

Find columne acp_skin

For your account change value the ID number of your IPS default theme. This is most often 1.
Save and then try logging in to ACP.

11 minutes ago, bfarber said:

I would recommend submitting a ticket.

Unfortunately it's a localhost and I do not want to upgrade live server to reproduce the error. Probably it only happens on WAMP? I have no idea right now, that's why I have asked if somebody can reproduce this on localhost as well.

21 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Try this:

Open database in PhpMyAdmin - table core_members

Find columne acp_skin

For your account change value the ID number of your IPS default theme. This is most often 1.
Save and then try logging in to ACP.

Thank you! But this didn't help. I have three themes in one installation (customized) and only one theme in another. Both default themes have ID 1 and are marked as default ACP skin (set_acp_default = 1). I have changed acp_skin in both installations for the admin from NULL to 1. The error is still there. I do not have any issues on the front site. The site is loaded and I can sign in in front end without issues. The error only happens in ACP, right after login.

Look in core_logs in phpmyadmin, sort it newest log entries to oldest, and find one related to the template error. If you can copy that here we might be able to diagnose a bit further.

I have not seen this come up to date - I'm not reproducing it locally and I am unaware of any tickets with a similar issue (doesn't mean there aren't any, I'm just not aware of any).

21 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Look in core_logs in phpmyadmin, sort it newest log entries to oldest, and find one related to the template error.

I have found the error:

Error: ErrorException: template_store_missing in C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\system\Theme\Theme.php:823
Stack trace:
#0 C:\Users\Sonya\Documents\web\_projects\ips44x\applications\toolbox\sources\Menu\Menu.php(34): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('devBar', 'toolbox')

It derives from toolbox of @CodingJungle But the application is disabled. app_enabled = 0 in database. Hmm... I have deleted the application folder and an entry from database. No luck. Then I switched on IN_DEV et voilá, I am in :) 

It is weird that disabled application prevents something in ACP.

Solved for me, as I do use toolbox only on localhost.

9 hours ago, bfarber said:

Look in core_logs in phpmyadmin, sort it newest log entries to oldest, and find one related to the template error. If you can copy that here we might be able to diagnose a bit further.

This is good to know.  😄

Archived