Using my own nav bar & footer?

mr_hopp

Hello! I'm in the midst of upgrading the marketing/blog site that will be connected to my IPS forum. I'm wondering how to tack on my custom responsive nav bar at the top of all the IPS forum pages and also the custom footer, too? They're the nav bar and footer you can see on this sample page: http://thehopp.webflow.io/post/ella-told-the-world-she-has-herpes 

Am I able to copy and paste my HTML/CSS somewhere in IPS to make that happen? 

Thanks for any guidance you can give! 😄

Hi Mr Hopp,

You'll need to copy/paste the HTML and css into the globalTemplate and custom.css files. When doing so, you'll need to be careful not to paste any classes which may conflict with the default IPS code (so don't copy/paste your entire css file since that won't really work).

Merging layouts with IPS is a service I offer, so if you're unsure on how to do this yourself, simply fill out that form and I'll be happy to get back to you 🙂

Thanks so much for the answer! Only now seeing this. 😛  After I get the website complete and launched, I'll ping you so you can help me put in the custom navbar and footer. I'd like to set it up in a way to dynamically pull the header/footer into my IPS template (in other words, have the header/footer be a shared component across my marketing site and IPS). Would that be possible or would it have to be a copy/paste job every time I change something about the header/footer? Thanks again! 

Archived