Need Time Limit to be applied to Deleting Posts

Ocean West

There is a time limit that prevents editing posts.

There needs to be a time limit that prevents DELETING posts -

it seems that posts can always be deleted - this would make the site look bad if some user decided to systematically deleting all their posts - 

3 hours ago, Ocean West said:

it seems that posts can always be deleted …

Only if you give users that right (which for most sites, you shouldn’t). I give no members the right to delete anything and I only give premium members the right to hide something. 

Yes, this is the reason why we're also decided to turn off deleting / hiding for everyone except moderators :(

It would be great to have some new limits like:

• Can delete own messages if there are no answers after it
  • Can delete own messages within N minutes
  • Can hide own messages if there are no answers after it
  • Can hide own messages within N minutes

My biggest issue with seeing HIDDEN content is it is distracting when I am not doing "site management"

Sometimes I just want to enjoy the site and not be distracted by the pink - hidden content, then i go down a rabbit hole to see who hid it or if there was a reason.

Moderator Admins should have a TOGGLE switch to ignore hidden content, on the front end. 

It's one thing to see hidden content when it has been moderated (by staff) but when user just hides their own content then its just noise.

I wish there was a "DRAFT/UNPUBLISHED" feature that is in Blogs was in the forums too was similar to hidden but allows you to make a TOPIC and make it DRAFT it would require a Publish Date and then show on that date and time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 1:27 PM, Mr 13 said:

Yes, this is the reason why we're also decided to turn off deleting / hiding for everyone except moderators 😞

It would be great to have some new limits like:

• Can delete own messages if there are no answers after it
  • Can delete own messages within N minutes
  • Can hide own messages if there are no answers after it
  • Can hide own messages within N minutes

I like this.

Archived