Custom notifications

Askancy

It would be really useful if the administration could send users personalized notifications. With these notifications the administrators can warn users of a change in the regulation, ask the community to vote in a poll or take part in a discussion.

With this system it would almost completely replace the newsletters... as well as making the notification system a little more complete

5 hours ago, Alismora said:

This is the application that would allow that, but it doesn't look like it's currently available for new purchases.

Our license expired. It should be now available for purchases again:)
Apologies for this.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:50 AM, Matt said:

I'm not against adding more standard notifications, but they should be used widely so you don't get notification fatigue and switch them all off.

Well, since we have you here Matt, how about front-end notifications for commerce support?  More importantly:

• Notification if a support ticket is assigned to you
  • Notification if someone replies to a support ticket you're assigned to

My staff have been asking for various font-end notifications similar to these since 2017, and I think these two would help streamline support even more since a lot of our staff don't check the ACP until they get the once a day email that says they are assigned to something, and by then the ticket could have been sitting for 12-18+ hours.  (This is based on our needs which lean more towards fast support.)

• Management
18 hours ago, Alismora said:

Well, since we have you here Matt, how about front-end notifications for commerce support?  More importantly:

• Notification if a support ticket is assigned to you
  • Notification if someone replies to a support ticket you're assigned to

My staff have been asking for various font-end notifications similar to these since 2017, and I think these two would help streamline support even more since a lot of our staff don't check the ACP until they get the once a day email that says they are assigned to something, and by then the ticket could have been sitting for 12-18+ hours.  (This is based on our needs which lean more towards fast support.)

Yeah, I like that. I don't think it will be for everybody but it'll help those who need it.

Archived