Creating a topic

Gil Ronen

Hi,

I tried doing \IPS\forums\Topic::create() like you do when creating a post to a topic with \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::create() and it didnt work, I couldnt find the method in the method in the topic class.

how can I create a topic? I have the target forum object and the topic content. 

Thanks

\IPS\Content\Item::create() (which \IPS\forums\Topic inherits) creates the form for output, and handles it's submission. If you are trying to create a topic programmatically, then this is the process:

/* Create the topic */
			$topic			= \IPS\forums\Topic::createItem( $author, $ipAddress, $date, $forum );
			$topic->title	= $title;

$topic->save();

/* Create the post */
			$content	= \IPS\Text\Parser::parseStatic( $content, TRUE, NULL, $author, 'forums_Forums', TRUE, !(bool) $author->group['g_dohtml'] );
			$post		= \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::create( $topic, $content, TRUE, NULL, \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::incrementPostCount( $forum ), $author, $date );

/* Update the topic */
			$topic->topic_firstpost = $post->pid;
			$topic->save();

9 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

\IPS\Content\Item::create() (which \IPS\forums\Topic inherits) creates the form for output, and handles it's submission. If you are trying to create a topic programmatically, then this is the process:

/* Create the topic */
			$topic			= \IPS\forums\Topic::createItem( $author, $ipAddress, $date, $forum );
			$topic->title	= $title;

$topic->save();

/* Create the post */
			$content	= \IPS\Text\Parser::parseStatic( $content, TRUE, NULL, $author, 'forums_Forums', TRUE, !(bool) $author->group['g_dohtml'] );
			$post		= \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::create( $topic, $content, TRUE, NULL, \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::incrementPostCount( $forum ), $author, $date );

/* Update the topic */
			$topic->topic_firstpost = $post->pid;
			$topic->save();

what this line does? 

$content    = \IPS\Text\Parser::parseStatic( $content, TRUE, NULL, $author, 'forums_Forums', TRUE, !(bool) $author->group['g_dohtml'] );

Just now, Gil Ronen said:

what this line does? 

$content    = \IPS\Text\Parser::parseStatic( $content, TRUE, NULL, $author, 'forums_Forums', TRUE, !(bool) $author->group['g_dohtml'] );

It parses the content for display in Invision Community. So, any embeds, BB Code, and so on will be properly replaced on the content before it's saved.

Archived