Support for Animated PNG attachments (don't break animation)

Currently all animated PNG files are broken after upload in IPS. I've reported it in my client area as i considered this as a bug (#1036536), but got this answer:

image.png.6c4167515a82d5b7ef4f6934fad570a4.png

So this topic is a request for support an animation in PNG files :)

Example:

1. Animated_PNG_example_bouncing_beach_ball.png.5067703c0bfece37d6be3217a9ced3e9.png — broken file after uploading to IPS (no animation, 1st frame only)
  2. The same image before uploading (animated).

• 2 weeks later...

Usually i'm using the ImageMagick, but yesterday i've temporary switched to GD because using of ImageMagick after upgrading to 4.4.4 started causing error -200 on uploading of animated GIFs for some reason which i had no time to investigate yet. I'll switch back to ImageMagick as soon as this issue will be fixed. But it's a little different story :)

image.png.73c58948d95a63ae8305cf2d60b53bfc.png

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

as we'd really only be able to do this for ImageMagick.

Sure! That would be great.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Mr 13 said:

Usually i'm using the ImageMagick, but yesterday i've temporary switched to GD because using of ImageMagick after upgrading to 4.4.4 started causing error -200 on uploading of animated GIFs for some reason which i had no time to investigate yet. I'll switch back to ImageMagick as soon as this issue will be fixed. But it's a little different story 🙂

image.png.73c58948d95a63ae8305cf2d60b53bfc.png

Sure! That would be great.

Thanks.

That error typically happens when a rather large animated gif is uploaded, using ImageMagick, and ImageMagick (or the PHP process it was launched from) hits a time or memory limit. It can take a lot of resources to manipulate larger animated gifs in some cases.

Archived