Disable Browser Notification (IPS Forum)

HKS 27D

Hello!

Is there any chance for implementing a new option for disabling the browser notification for IPS Forums?

I was told by the staff member Rhett Buck to post here this suggestion. He actually mentioned that there is not a way to remove the option from the platform.

I attached a screenshot below to show you what I'm talking about.

Thank you!

ips-noti.thumb.png.e173ff9fd3555a500dbd852691a9608c.png

Can't remove the notifications but you can block & disable them if you choose to do so.

a3b33ea848d808d64cce4c8e4f04e604.png.99db97d65017ed6ea8461c224b5c12a7.png

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, you can also disable notifications site wide in the ACP. Notifications list, is what I think sends the browser notification?

933cbc011666dfc7bd9572d19224b301.thumb.png.82783bafa61e1cc5d685eef1a323a393.png

10 hours ago, Cosmin D said:

Hello!

Is there any chance for implementing a new option for disabling the browser notification for IPS Forums?

I was told by the staff member Rhett Buck to post here this suggestion. He actually mentioned that there is not a way to remove the option from the platform.

I attached a screenshot below to show you what I'm talking about.

Thank you!

ips-noti.thumb.png.e173ff9fd3555a500dbd852691a9608c.png

Invision Community 4.4 made changes here so that it doesn't automatically cause your browser to present this popup. You'll only see if it you are specifically enabling browser notifications through the notifications system. Take a look at this blog entry:

Hello!

Thank you for your message @Stuart Silvester! I'm going to update the IPS platform as soon as possible, then.

In Invision Community 4.4, we've made it, so you're only asked to opt-in once you open the notification drop down.

Is there any way to disable it completely in the last version of IPS?

8 minutes ago, Cosmin D said:

Hello!

Thank you for your message @Stuart Silvester! I'm going to update the IPS platform as soon as possible, then.

Is there any way to disable it completely in the last version of IPS?

It's effectively disabled in 4.4, an end user has to specifically enable it for it to prompt their browser. There's no further way to disable it in the software.

Archived