Custom and CKEditor Plugin Button Management

Joy Rex

16 hours ago, misfit76 said:

Customizations --> Edditor

759526409_Screenshot2019-05-1616_25_57.thumb.png.5060ba70eb20b989f38791df3c148066.png

I am aware of that - my question is how to remove buttons (either custom buttons, or CKEditor button plugins) - there is no ability to remove them once you've created/installed them.

3 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

Good to know - it still would be nice though if there was a way to explicitly remove addons and custom buttons. Maybe for IPS 5 @Matt?

Yeah, I've made comments about this before as well.  I've also found that some updates inexplicably reset my custom button setup (or reset to default or whatever).  I've said there should be a way to save configurations/profiles and/or custom buttons (even if they're out of date, because those can sometimes still work), but editor button management remains quite clunky for me.

17 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Yeah, I've made comments about this before as well.  I've also found that some updates inexplicably reset my custom button setup (or reset to default or whatever).  I've said there should be a way to save configurations/profiles and/or custom buttons (even if they're out of date, because those can sometimes still work), but editor button management remains quite clunky for me.

That's good to know - I just had to create a custom Bandcamp button, and I'd hate to have to redo that after an update.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:52 AM, Joy Rex said:

That's good to know - I just had to create a custom Bandcamp button, and I'd hate to have to redo that after an update.

I not only save whatever code I can (I back up my CKEditor button packages going back 1-2 versions), but I've also learned through hard experience that taking a screenshot of your "perfect" editor setup is a great way to keep it in case you need to reconstruct it. 🙂

Archived