Community

Vegan Gaymer

3rd Party Applications & Plugins bulk troubleshooting?

Nearly every time I report an issue to Invision, a 3rd Party app or plugin is blamed and that's the end of the support. It's up to me to sort through each and every plugin and application to determine what is causing the issue. This is not practical.  Invision has been flawless in their support over the years, so I trust them, but the over the past year or so the response is almost always that it is a 3rd Party problem and not something they can help with. They are usually right, so I'm not complaining about Invision, but is there a way to bulk check for issues with plugins and applications? 

If everything is up to date, what else can we do?

Thanks!

Usually IPS says which resource is the culprit but if they don’t do it, your best bet is disable all 3rd-party apps/plugins/themes and go testing. Worked? Enable X. Worked? Enable Y, ...

That way you will find the one sooner or later. 

1. In your error logs, there might be consistent issues.  Read through the error logs.  Even if you don't know code like me, a little bit of commonsense can tell you which app or plugin is problematic.  

2. You should check all of your third party apps and plugins for updates, especially when you're going from a major version 4.3 to 4.4.  

3. Be careful with large site-wide apps and plugins.