Webmaster tools valid vs excluded

marklcfc

"Normal" is subjective, and everyone will experience different results based on the specifics of their site. I would recommend checking some examples of excluded content and verifying if you believe it should or shouldn't be included. For instance, "empty" profiles are excluded, and that's normal.

7 hours ago, bfarber said:

"Normal" is subjective, and everyone will experience different results based on the specifics of their site. I would recommend checking some examples of excluded content and verifying if you believe it should or shouldn't be included. For instance, "empty" profiles are excluded, and that's normal.

They look like normal topics

I have 1.52m excluded, from that 555k have been excluded with a no index tag and 830k for having page redirect. Don’t fancy requesting each one individually, would take a while!

12 hours ago, bfarber said:

If you care to share a link to a few topics that are showing up in your search console as "excluded" and any information Google is showing about this, we can take a look and see if anything stands out.

Clicking on excluded shows this

Untitled.thumb.png.98e5a3e151c01d4e001c929d951df99f.png

Clicking on page with redirect, first page of them are these

1.thumb.png.054ea0c09aab77cfb5f407e2336e4209.png

Excluded by no index tags, they appear to be the profiles

2.thumb.png.8202e27ea8586f9288d86af91b0b7d5d.png

Crawled - currently not indexed

3.thumb.png.d6ba7a1e1b527f61adbc8177ac4d6c74.png

page=X was changed to /page/x/ in 4.4.x, so that would explain those topics. They will redirect to the new format (and ideally google would then index the new URL).

Crawled - currently not indexed can mean many different things, including that the pages were crawled but they just haven't been included in the index yet. They may be thin pages with little or no content, or they may be valuable pages that will eventually be included.

Archived