Legend Blocks - Supporttopic

Based on your screenshot, you are using "legend_horizontal_club_cardmix" I assume?

I tested it and two widgets seems separate enough.

image.thumb.png.e9ffbabb1cad0bff59a816d3b014538d.png

Even in your screenshot those sidebar blocks are separated. in term of how much it should be separate, legend_templates are working at best with each other. so if you want to match them with other templates, you need to make some customization in CSS. and probably CSS classes from both legend_templates and other one.

Edited by shahed

In reference to my review on your addon, I was really disappointed by the end results.  Creating a block for news updates this is what I got:

image.thumb.png.74729b41c3efad1478c8a8a507a439b8.png

This is Opentype's block:

image.thumb.png.4d2a8be106663a7893f0513d57e5789c.png

I prefer the latter as opposed to the former.  What I would have liked to see is the results similar to the latter image, but with some images attached.   I was expecting more, but then perhaps my expectations were over enthusiastic.

Many thanks for the efforts, but as it stands I will stick to the Opentype version.

😞

Edited by Davyc

In the first image, I don't have a link to the page with that block, but I can assume it's a "Post Feed Block" type? Post feeds are just display posts and comments the way It's display in the Demo

Post blocks usually display "Just Posts", which means you may see your latest 5 posts of your community, all of them submitted in one Topic.

However, What I see in second image, It's NOt a Post Feed block at all! It's a "Topic Feed Block". again i have no idea and i need links to investigate first, but if you want a Topic Feed block the way in Demo site:

Capture.thumb.JPG.4095e85571085ece2b8f222fbe239a56.JPG

For create a block like that, you simply need to create a block as "Topic feed", instead of "Post feed".

Edited by shahed

I created a Topic Feed block and this is the output:

image.thumb.png.90025e308eaa17ae753c1d639610af6a.png

Huge gaps between topics.  This is a horizontal topic card X2

image.thumb.png.4f633d135bf197181ee2a3200abf6590.png

This is legend topic card mix

image.thumb.png.8bfb5bc9daa434461f4a373450892ccf.png

This last is a legend vertical topic card, again huge gaps between each one.

There is just no way I can use any of these on my home page - they just look so out of place, sorry!  

I really appreciate your efforts but they are just not for me in this state.

Again I need a link, But about the gaps, seems you didn't upload any Image as attachments to any of your topics. For this scenario, you can define and set an URL address in plugin's "Default image" setting.

Capture.thumb.JPG.862506f85d8718d8d79fa86a682a6d81.JPG

7 minutes ago, Davyc said:

I really appreciate your efforts but they are just not for me in this state.

Support is open, at any time, if you want blocks and templates like the Demo. I hope you saw that before purchase the template anyway.

16 minutes ago, shahed said:

But about the gaps, seems you didn't upload any Image as attachments to any of your topics. For this scenario, you can define and set an URL address in plugin's "Default image" setting.

Yeah, I added a default image but that looked terrible too - sorry.  I understand that your efforts are geared, perhaps, around a different layout than I was expecting and it may be what others are looking for, but it's not for me.  I'll just cut my losses and run lol.

Thanks anyway for the quick replies, much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Davyc said:

Yeah, I added a default image but that looked terrible too - sorry

It doesn't suppose to be terrible at all, and if you have image (or something Like Links of a live page ?!) about that, I can look into it. in other word, I should fix this imaginary problem.

The problem is not imaginary - it is real.  I should have taken a screenshot, but basically, it did not show the full image, rather it was cut off top and bottom, leading me to suspect it was a cover image rather than the image itself resized according to the container it was placed within.  Also, the first topic showed the image in a hugely inflated fashion which made it look ugly.  I've since deleted the plugin and templates so I can't take this any further.

I'm not laying the blame of any sort, simply that the product did not meet my needs or expectations and is therefore of no use to me.  For someone else it may be fantastic, but not for me, sorry. 

14 minutes ago, Davyc said:

I've since deleted the plugin and templates so I can't take this any further.

I understand.

If you decided to use them again, I'm up for looking into that. Image section uses more than one primary CSS classes, because it's like 40 templates. based on the template grid size (2/3/4 ... in one row) most of them normally works as display as cover, which is instantly can be modified (like full image in wider templates) based on individual needs. it's mainly designed for IPS default theme but I have experience with reported problems with 3rd party custom themes. even in these cases, I helped to fix their templates based on those custom themes. this is what supporting means anyway. I could do the same here or create entirely new templates based on your need. but it seems, you doesn't up to this and I'm respect that. 🙂

Edited by shahed
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, borangeatx said:

Purchased this, but silly question - do I create a block from the templates?

And can this render designated topics?  I want 3 topics to be highlighted at the top of my forum.

Thank you for your assistance

You should create blocks, with Pages app's block management and based on your block type, choose one of the Legend Blocks templates at the end.

In your case, you should create a "Topic feed" block. in the options, I believe you have settings for number of topics and rate, views... as filters.

4 hours ago, borangeatx said:

I created a block from a topic feed and used the legend horizontal topic card 2 and tried to implement and it did not show anything.

You should pick a legend block template, based on your block type. different templates may work with different type of blocks (like post feed template for topic feed block) but it doesn't give you best experience.

3 hours ago, borangeatx said:

Scratch my last two posts. I figured it out, but where does it pull the image from?  Is there a way to have a static image?

Glad to hear it.

For topic feeds, template picks images based on "Attachments" inside of topic's posts. but you can set a default Image via plugin setting (plugins > legend blocks > Default image). this image will be display only to those topics that doesn't have any image attachments in their posts.

• 2 months later...

Hi Chris,

As you well know, with Pages app you can do more than just making pages. you can create static pages, databases and categories for storing articles, records, photos... and also you can create individual blocks and widget to use throughout your community. Legend news is mainly created to work with Pages "databases". you can change the look in areas like Frontpages, categories and articles in your database.

Legend blocks however is not about that. it's a series of templates for making widgets and blocks in pages app. for example you can create blocks in pages app for recent topics, recent posts, recent files and ... then use one of many Legend blocks templates at the end as their skin. then use IPS widget manager to drag and drop them in your front-end. sidebar area, top or bottom of your website.

I hope it's help.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I have just installed this and the block title is not showing

Hello,

Individual title sections in blocks is being removed from templates in favor of plugin's settings, which itself works with "Page Builder" Template. There you can name every section with or without custom links.

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Another question,

On the calendar block how would we change either the background or the numbers so the date shows properly?

Please see here:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/

Thanks

Your Theme > Edit HTML and CSS > CSS > pageslegendblocks.css > find this class:

.legend_GOT_ipsCalendarDate {
    background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8) !important;
    border-radius: 0 0 3px 0;
}

change it to:

.legend_GOT_ipsCalendarDate {
    background: rgba(130, 130, 130, 0.8) !important;
    border-radius: 0 0 3px 0;