Forum don't send mails

Ohanzee

We have migrated our site to new dedicated. After that, we are facing the big problem...

Emails from forum can't be sent. I didn't find any error log about this. I tried test mail, it said that test mail is sent, but i didn't received anything (neither in SPAM folder). When i send mail from roundcube, everything works perfect, and emails are sent.

I think something is bad configured with mail system on dedicated, but what?

Thank you!

Just now, Daniel F said:

You'll have to ask your webhost for further support 🙂

My guesses:

• PHP mail() function is blocked
  • SMTP port is blocked

I already asked them, they said that everything is configured and i can send emails with roundcube so that confirms everything is configured good. But i don't think so.

Im using PHP as mail delivery method. SMTP port still can be a problem? And can you tell me how i can check if it's really blocked? (PHP mail()/SMTP port)

Is there any logs where i can exactly see what's wrong?

Thank you!

In the email settings if an error is reported back, it will be in the Email Error Logs page - that said, if you used the test feature and it indicates the mail was sent, this means most likely no error was returned.

Some servers require the -f parameter to be passed to php mail() - you may need to check with your host to find out for sure, and if so there is an extra setting on the email settings page where you can specify this.

Im using PHP as mail delivery method. SMTP port still can be a problem?

Just try the SMTP method, you can check if it works via your email client. If that works, use the same credentials on the forums and send a test message. You can see if that causes a problem if the email client message arrives and the forum test message does not.

For the rest, you can only check what's going wrong in logfiles like bfarber said. If it's really dedicated and not fully managed, you should have SSH access. Which logs and where depends on which OS it's running on. Mostly for Linux check /var/log directory.

Archived