Jump to content

Community

Adlago

4.4.2 & PHP 7.3.3 & Redis issue

Recommended Posts

A few months ago after upgrading to 4.4.x I had a problem with Memcached. Cron jobs stopped working, and in the system logs began recording in every minute - "BadMethodCallException:...from Memcached". After a lengthy analysis of my ticket, Matt advised me to switch to Redis. This then solved the issue.

Before several hours, I switched my site to PHP 7.3.3. Everything worked correctly. When reviewing all the ACP functions, I noticed I should replace the command in a Cron jobs with a new addressing to ea-php73. For several hours with php 7.3.3 everything worked correctly with a command to ea-php72.

After changing Cron command,  the same thing happened as with Memcached. Cron stopped working and was recording every minute in System logs: "BadMethodCallException:...from Redis"

I tried a lot of things, my head hurt, and I tried - I switched to Data storage File system method and Cron iobs worked normal and accurate.

PS. Now I have reviewed and my test installation with 4.4.3 beta 2. The same issue exists there.
Please review this - there is a constant mistake in using Redis/Memcached and it will exist in your next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't have issues and no exceptions in the system logs, using PHP 7.3.4 with Redis.

Do you have the same issue with a new installation with no plugins/apps?

Edited by RevengeFNF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

I don't have issues and no exceptions in the system logs, using PHP 7.3.4 with Redis.

Do you have the same issue with a new installation with no plugins/apps? 

I have not tested with a new installation. My test site is currently with 4.4.3 beta 2. There is also this issue. I do not use plugins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I had a similar issue when I switched over last month and had to temporarily disable cron tasks.

My network admin was able to fix it and get cron back up and running the same day without having to switch from memcached, and I believe the resolution was downgrading back to php 7.1, because for some reason it won't behave properly with 7.2+ otherwise.  My knowledge pretty much ends there and I can't explain the how or why.

Edited by Alismora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PHP configuration file (php.ini) can be different for command line PHP vs the PHP used by your webserver, and it's probable you don't have the Redis PHP extension enabled for your command line PHP. This is an issue that would require some level of diagnosis to determine for sure, and then if my assumption is correct, your host would need to assist to enable Redis for command line PHP. Either way, this isn't really feedback (or even a bug report) for the software and I would encourage you to submit a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bfarber said:

The PHP configuration file (php.ini) can be different for command line PHP vs the PHP used by your webserver, and it's probable you don't have the Redis PHP extension enabled for your command line PHP. This is an issue that would require some level of diagnosis to determine for sure, and then if my assumption is correct, your host would need to assist to enable Redis for command line PHP. Either way, this isn't really feedback (or even a bug report) for the software and I would encourage you to submit a ticket.

Thanks for your opinion. I described this problem to my host company and the boys there looked at this thoroughly.
They solved this problem.
In your command for Cron, you use this

/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0 /home/...


They changed the command to

/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -c /home/...


and it all works like a Swiss watch ...

angry frustration GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS. I'm not sure if this was any reason for poor performance, but after this change, my performance increased by 7 points - from 84 to 91 on the Lighthouse test report...

1061307023_Screenshotat2019-04-22224429.thumb.png.f0416c04c20a19d1b754e359babd6907.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...