Community

Convert Message To Topic

4 hours ago, Misi said:

A conversation which should be private could be turned into a thread visible to the members?

I receive tons of messages with support/development requests on my board. I also receive messages with content that could be addressed by anyone else from moderation team, like “I can’t do this” or “I get an error in a specific place”, so yes, depends on how ethical you are!

On 4/22/2019 at 4:39 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure that’s the best way to go. User will probably send another message. Maybe add a message at the top of the conversation, disallow replies and then delete it after a few days.

I’ll give some thought. 

Thank you for not deleting the PM. Sometimes PM conversation keeps rolling. 

Suggestion - When you can create topic is it possible to add auto text in front of topic - Ex - PM To Topic - "Message Title" ?   

This way we know which topics where converted from PM to topic? It would help auto adding those text in topic title .. as of now we do manual edits. :) 

Thanks as always!

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
SELECT * FROM `ipb_convertmessagestotopics_data` AS `convertmessagestotopics_data` WHERE message_id=132707
Table 'xxx.ipb_convertmessagestotopics_data' doesn't exist
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(383): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(441): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(365): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(18): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/uploads/template_26_42c9757c3d7c0f3a9bc1d72bde21c644_messaging.php(192): IPS\core\Messenger\hook889->msgIsConverted()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_messaging->conversation()
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/uploads/template_26_42c9757c3d7c0f3a9bc1d72bde21c644_messaging.php(1936): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#7 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_messaging->template()
#8 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(456): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#9 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->manage()
#10 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(71): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->execute()
#13 /home/xxxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Are you using latest version? Upgrade changes the name of table to this one.

EDIT: Actully I got the error:

Can't find file: './sosin147_400/core_message_converted.frm' (errno: 2 - No such file or directory)

on the step that renames the table; that's why it doesn't work. Weird.

I'll release a new version to fix it.

Edited by Adriano Faria