Anyone using AMAZON for their email needs?

SJ77

While I haven't used SES for an IPS Community before, I've used it for other projects in the past.

I thought it was very easy to integrate with, and it's been super reliable so far. I've been considering looking into how difficult it would be to get it working in IPS

21 minutes ago, jair101 said:

I am using it, I vaguely remember some small initial setup issues, but that was long time ago and it wasn't a big problem anyway. Since the initial setup I haven't touched it, it just works. 

I am trying to set it up now. It's super confusing. So many things. Their control panel is designed for a computer scientist with a PHD.  I am setting here like "I just want to know what the SMTP host is supposed to be"

3 hours ago, SJ77 said:

I am trying to set it up now. It's super confusing. So many things. Their control panel is designed for a computer scientist with a PHD.  I am setting here like "I just want to know what the SMTP host is supposed to be"

Here are my settings. SMTP host is the mail server, which is dependent on the chosen region. 

image.thumb.png.7f05ecbbb40fdcb92f665e9ef758cb3d.png

21 hours ago, SJ77 said:

AWS is great, don't get me wrong but it's offerings are not turnkey, it does have some knowledge already implied that you know to setup and use. If you're looking for a great, turnkey SMTP service, there are plenty of options around such as SendGrid, SparkPost, SocketLabs, etc... These all come with support. This means you'll pay a little more but if something goes wrong you're not there stuck looking at documentation you don't understand.

Just food for thought. I do applaud you for wanting to learn though!

Archived