Community

13 hours ago, James101 said:

@Runar - Hi, I was testing the plugin today and it seems to be working fine except for one issue. When selecting Forum Type as 'Questions', the marker does show up on topic view and option to 'Mark Topic' but when marking topic it does not show the tag on forum view - http://prntscr.com/uhspph

Thank you for reporting this bug! I’m working on a new release with support for 4.5 and a few bug fixes, and I’ll make sure to fix this issue as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

1. It support clubs forums? 

2. After each mark action, it will send notification to followers? 

3. When it will upgraded to 4.5?

4. Can I set some marks as required when members create a topic? But it should be selectable for specific forum. Then moderators change the marker? Example, required member set markers "Bug" or "Issue" for club topic, then if the topic receives solution or meet some criteria, moderators add one mark more before the "Bug". Finally the topic will contains 2 markers, the newest should appear before the oldest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 8:57 AM, kmk said:

1. It support clubs forums? 

I haven't tested Clubs, but I'll take a look!

2. After each mark action, it will send notification to followers? 

That's a good idea, I'll see if I can make this an option.

3. When it will upgraded to 4.5?

I'm working on a new version now, hopefully released later this week or early next week.

4. Can I set some marks as required when members create a topic? But it should be selectable for specific forum. Then moderators change the marker? Example, required member set markers "Bug" or "Issue" for club topic, then if the topic receives solution or meet some criteria, moderators add one mark more before the "Bug". Finally the topic will contains 2 markers, the newest should appear before the oldest. 

What you're describing here is the built-in tags feature, though I'm not sure if you can require one or more tags. My plugin currently does not and will probably never allow you to mark a topic with more than one marker.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:12 AM, kmk said:

Could you add marks available for post? After a post is Marked, the Marker badge and 3 lines post content appear in the Topic Summary as redirect link to the original post? 

I'll take a look, but I don't think that's something this plugin will be able to provide. After all, the plugin is named Mark Topic, not Mark Topics and Posts. 😄

Edited by Runar

For everyone else, I'm currently working on a huge update with support for 4.5. The new version will be an application instead of a plugin, as this makes it far easier to provide new functionality.

In addition to official support for 4.5, I'm working on the following new features:

• Choose between multiple markers when marking a topic.
  • Set custom background color and text color on the marker badges.
  • Choose marker badge position (before or after topic title).
  • Send notifications to topic starters when their topics are marked and/or unmarked.
  • Support for "Questions" forums.

I hope to release the new version later this week or early next week.

Suggestions for more features are always welcome!

What’s new in version 2.0.0:

The plugin is now an application! This means a new location in the ACP (under the "Community" section), but apart from that everything should work as before. When updating, the application will automatically move all of your markers and marked topics to the new database so you won't loose anything. After the update is complete, the old plugin will be uninstalled and removed.

Another change is the price. The new price — which only affects new purchases — is $15 plus a small renewal fee of $7.50/6 months. This will ensure the application is kept up to date with new versions of Invision Community, and give me room to add new features when suggested by you, my customers. The total price for one year will be around $0.08 per day, which I think is acceptable.

Now, let's take a closer look at the changelog:

New features

• Users can now choose between multiple markers when marking a topic, if multiple markers are available.
  • Notifications will be sent to topic authors when their topics are marked and/or unmarked by anyone else.

Improvements

• Added options to customize marker badge background color and text color.
  • Added option to customize marker badge position (before or after topic title).
  • Added option to show marker text in topic page titles.
  • Added live preview of marker badge style when creating and editing markers in the ACP.
  • Added option to prevent members from unmarking topics.

Fixes

• Fixed marker badges displaying incorrectly (in some cases not displaying at all) in "Question" forums.
  • Fixed a few small annoyances in the markers sections of the ACP.
  • Improved the handling of marked topics in the database.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Runar - I am having a bit of a permission issue. I have set the correct permissions and double checked everything yet my moderators are unable to see the option to 'mark a topic' except for their own topics. Administrators can see the option but no other staff groups. Can you help me out once you get a chance?

Thank you!