Invision community directory – the community of communities

BankFodder

I haven't noticed on this website anywhere that there is a directory of Invision communities.

If I've missed it then please point me to it. If it doesn't exist then it seems to me that it would be very interesting for lots of people to be able to have a look at the wide range of interests which are reflected amongst Invision platforms and also the variety of styles and approaches that are used by Invision communities around the world.

Thanks for this. I should obviously have looked more carefully.

However it would be very nice to see a proper directory listing which I'm sure could be arranged in a sortable table – alphabetical, by country, by subject matter, by size – et cetera.

I suppose it would take very little work by Invision to assemble a table like this from the data they already hold. If people wanted to opt out of it then they could – or the Invision team could ask people if they wanted to opt into it – whatever seem to be the most appropriate.

It would have to be an opt in system, GDPR might come into play. Client submitted listings, like the Providers section may be the best suggestion.   

There are communities out there that would most definitely not want to be in such a list, for varying reasons.  Having worked T1 in the past for IPS I’ve seen many of them, no I won’t/can’t share. Nothing illegal, just I can understand their desire for privacy. They only want users that seek out and share in their niche to visit and participate. 

Someone tried this already: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/443893-the-new-ipb-sites-gallery/

But I guess there is just too little demand. And this might include IPS itself. They can highlight a few of their biggest or most interesting clients, but they might not want to maintain a huge directory of sites, with projects getting discontinued all the time. 

Archived