Noticed a weird thing about account credit. limited to 1 YR?

SJ77

Right above a members total account credit in their ACP it says in small print "Revenue, 12 months to date"

What exactly happens to their earned credit if it's stored in the account longer than 12 months? Does the contributor lose it?

Seems like account credit is a number that should be a total of all time not just 12 months.  This scares me a little.

23 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Right above a members total account credit in their ACP it says in small print "Revenue, 12 months to date"

What exactly happens to their earned credit if it's stored in the account longer than 12 months? Does the contributor lose it?

Seems like account credit is a number that should be a total of all time not just 12 months.  This scares me a little.

That's a label for the graph just above it (notice there's a separator between the graph and the account credit).

image.png

3 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

That's a label for the graph just above it (notice there's a separator between the graph and the account credit).

image.png

Well now:

• I feel greatly relieved.
  • feel like a dullard.

Mixed feelings LOL .. but to be fair, here is what I see, which is a fair bit more confusing. I have a number below and nothing on top. Plus a much bigger GAP

this.JPG

17 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Well now:

• I feel greatly relieved.
  • feel like a dullard.

Mixed feelings LOL .. but to be fair, here is what I see, which is a fair bit more confusing. I have a number below and nothing on top. Plus a much bigger GAP

this.JPG

It makes sense though, that particular customer hasn't spent anything in the last 12 months, so the graph isn't showing you anything.

6 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

It makes sense though, that particular customer hasn't spent anything in the last 12 months, so the graph isn't showing you anything.

Well that is part of what makes this so confusing. She HAS purchased lots of stuff within the last year.

purchases.JPG

recent purchase.JPG

15 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Well that is part of what makes this so confusing. She HAS purchased lots of stuff within the last year.

purchases.JPG

recent purchase.JPG

I would expect that chart to be showing you something then. It is based on transaction data, so It's probably worth checking that the customers invoices have a transaction associated with it. If they've made the purchases with account credit, then it won't be included on the chart since it isn't revenue.

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

Yes, if someone uses account credit to purchase, that's not "revenue" for your site so it won't be counted towards that chart.

If it was money that someone earned selling files and then they use it to buy another file instead of withdrawal, I consider it a win!

Archived