Contact form. No way to reply to the user via emial?

Adriano Faria

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

The reply-to header should be set to the email address the user entered. Click reply in your email client and it should set it appropriately. 

Ok, working fine. But they have another issue. I used the Contact form using a language different than English. This language is set as default for members and I'm using it as a personal preference. Problem is that the email is always sent on English, regardless my preferece:

spacer.png

Translated:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The people who are able to receive it are also using the translated language.

The contact form recipient is a generic email address and NOT a specific user account, so to that end the recipient will receive the email using the language pack that the person who submitted the contact form was using.

image.png

When we send an email to a member, we use the recipient's language for the email - however the contact form isn't sending an email to a member, it's sending an email to one or more provided email addresses (which may or may not happen to be associated with a member), which is why the recipient's language pack is not used or checked (the recipient may not even have an account on the site).

Thus, long story short, if when testing the feature YOU are using English when submitting the contact form, then the email will be in English.

2 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Thus, long story short, if when testing the feature YOU are using English when submitting the contact form, then the email will be in English.

Yes and again, I'm using PT-Br when sending the email and people from selected groups are receiving in English. Plus: default language and the user who sent (me) is PT-Br.

So yes, it is sending in English when everything else is pointing to PT-Br.

And it is sending to the board email, which isn't tied to any member account.

You may wish to submit a ticket so we can take a look. Sometimes those sorts of multi-language email issues are hard to track down without an example we can look at. I know the email handling library does attempt to load member's based on email address to determine their language pack, so it's possible somehow an account is getting loaded that is using English, and the email is being sent in English, but without looking at your site it's hard for me to be sure.

Archived