How does 3D secure work using IPS forms with Stripe?

SJ77

15 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Hi I don't think I have this so I can't test.

What does it look like? Is there a pop up or something?

Thank you 🙂

mostly not, I get it whenever I pay via cards, sometimes depending if using different machines it might ask to confirm something like your postcode or online pin or to login to your bank, depending your bank, but mostly it just processes, it will show on the same page as like a iframe etc

7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

mostly not, I get it whenever I pay via cards, sometimes depending if using different machines it might ask to confirm something like your postcode or online pin or to login to your bank, depending your bank, but mostly it just processes, it will show on the same page as like a iframe etc

So could it fail if someone has popup blockers enabled?

1 minute ago, SJ77 said:

So could it fail if someone has popup blockers enabled?

shouldn't, I have ad blockers on etc and have never had a problem, stripe give you better protection on the purchases if they go through the 3d checkout so you should enable it for all that support it, It is not annoying nor does it really take any longer for the users, it looks better too as it looks more trusting of the website and more secure to the banks

Do you have a screen shot of how it looks?

Another question, do I need a webhook on Stripe for 3D secure to work properly? I collect all my payments just find right now without a webhook.

6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

shouldn't, I have ad blockers on etc and have never had a problem, stripe give you better protection on the purchases if they go through the 3d checkout so you should enable it for all that support it, It is not annoying nor does it really take any longer for the users, it looks better too as it looks more trusting of the website and more secure to the banks

7 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Do you have a screen shot of how it looks?

Another question, do I need a webhook on Stripe for 3D secure to work properly? I collect all my payments just find right now without a webhook.

you should create one so it sends the data to your stripe account, maybe one is pending and you can see when it will next try to take the payment again

I don't have a screenshot but it will be something like this

spacer.png

Sometimes though it just spins and processes it, I have not had to enter my password in ages ( might be where I use it in the same places etc ) and it also could all depend your bank if it will auto process

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

you should create one so it sends the data to your stripe account, maybe one is pending and you can see when and when it will next try to take the payment Sometimes though it just spins and processes it, I have not had to enter my password in ages ( might be where I use it in the same places etc ) and it also could all depend your bank it it will auto process

I really don't want the webhook. IS there any reason I actually need it? I don't do subscriptions etc.  I only do 1 and done sales.

Just now, SJ77 said:

I really don't want the webhook. IS there any reason I actually need it? I don't do subscriptions etc.  I only do 1 and done sales.

if you are having no problems then leave it be, but it won't hurt if you did have it nor will it effect anything on the processing side though

1 minute ago, SJ77 said:

I have 1 guy who's 3d secure is timing out after and hour and the payment never completes. I am having a hard time figuring out if all 3d secure payments are failing or just this one guy. I don't know if the webhook is needed for 3d secure.  I really don't like the webhook. It gives Stripe information that they don't need to know. They use EVERYTHIING as a case against their clients as reason for suspension.

add a webhook tell that user to try making a payment and see if it processes or timeout's, if it still timeout's delete the webhook from stripe, I don't think it shares a lot of info with them, most I am looking at are payment infomation etc

Archived