Jump to content

Radical Tags


Makoto

Recommended Posts

Just purchased 😉 Pretty cool.

Wondering... is it possible to set certain prefixes for admins only to apply? I want to have a "promoted!" tag for threads we want to highlight. I don't want users to be able to select that specific prefix/tag. Just admins. Thanks.

Example here. Note the purple Promoted! prefix.

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/771265-janet-jackson-announces-new-black-diamond-album-tour/

Edited by breatheheavy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2020 at 11:17 AM, Sergey_SV said:

Hi

is tag cloud widget already implemented? or will be implemented soon? 

I would need this to switch from Advanced tags and prefixes

Hey @Sergey_SV!

I'm happy to announce that the next release will include support for a tag cloud widget!

image.png.ebaaeb28fc142983cc8f62569de4a3d5.png

Tags are all linked and clickable (which directs you to the tag search page), and it even has a nice loading animation that you can use (or disable if you prefer).

ib9tWPvx9T.gif.61e2a8e38bd5c0f40e6d103f535d0c60.gif

5 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Just purchased 😉 Pretty cool.

Wondering... is it possible to set certain prefixes for admins only to apply? I want to have a "promoted!" tag for threads we want to highlight. I don't want users to be able to select that specific prefix/tag. Just admins. Thanks.

Example here. Note the purple Promoted! prefix.

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/771265-janet-jackson-announces-new-black-diamond-album-tour/

Not at the moment, but this is a good suggestion!

I've already laid some of the groundwork for this that should make it possible to add this as a feature hopefully in 1.6.0 (the release after this one).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Hey @Sergey_SV!

I'm happy to announce that the next release will include support for a tag cloud widget!

image.png.ebaaeb28fc142983cc8f62569de4a3d5.png

Tags are all linked and clickable (which directs you to the tag search page), and it even has a nice loading animation that you can use (or disable if you prefer).

ib9tWPvx9T.gif.61e2a8e38bd5c0f40e6d103f535d0c60.gif

Not at the moment, but this is a good suggestion!

I've already laid some of the groundwork for this that should make it possible to add this as a feature hopefully in 1.6.0 (the release after this one).

Sweet! Ok I'll just have to keep an eye on anyone who tries to use it 😛 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Sweet! Ok I'll just have to keep an eye on anyone who tries to use it 😛 

Once 1.6.0 is nearing completion and this feature is ready to roll out, I'll be sure to mention you here!

I'm not sick anymore (finally!) and mostly caught up on everything, so if all goes well I should hopefully be able to make some progress this week!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Once 1.6.0 is nearing completion and this feature is ready to roll out, I'll be sure to mention you here!

I'm not sick anymore (finally!) and mostly caught up on everything, so if all goes well I should hopefully be able to make some progress this week!

Thanks @Makoto. Appreciate that! Would love for you to check out my community and if you have any feedback/suggestions/ideas, I'd love to hear! Feel free to DM me 🙂

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Makoto I saw someone asked about the ability to set multiple prefixes per thread. Is this possible yet? If not is it something you are considering adding? I’m building a sports related forum and it would be nice to have the ability to have multiple prefixes such as example Alabama and Recruiting.

In this example it is talking about a team (Alabama) and what it’s about (Recruiting) 

I would really love to see this added if it’s not already included. Thank you for your time and for such an amazing addon. 

Also something else that just hit me is the ability to change the font color since some of the schools my site will cover have multiple colors so it would be nice to have the background as their primary color and the text to me their secondary color. Maybe even add FA icons in the basic editor.

Edited by Ernest_Defoe
Added another idea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ernest_Defoe said:

@Makoto I saw someone asked about the ability to set multiple prefixes per thread. Is this possible yet? If not is it something you are considering adding? I’m building a sports related forum and it would be nice to have the ability to have multiple prefixes such as example Alabama and Recruiting.

In this example it is talking about a team (Alabama) and what it’s about (Recruiting) 

I would really love to see this added if it’s not already included. Thank you for your time and for such an amazing addon. 

Also something else that just hit me is the ability to change the font color since some of the schools my site will cover have multiple colors so it would be nice to have the background as their primary color and the text to me their secondary color. Maybe even add FA icons in the basic editor.

Hey Ernest!

Thanks for the feedback!

Adding support for multiple prefixes is unfortunately not available yet and will be a bit tricky to implement, but it's something I'll add as a feature suggestion and look into. Prefixes are a core IPS feature and IPS expects these to just be a single string, not multiple items, so re-engineering the platform to work with multiple prefixes will require some craftyness, but I'll look into ways to potentially make this work. This is something I can't promise a timeframe on unfortunately, however.

I like your suggestions regarding updates to the basic editor though! I'll add this to the feature list for 1.6.0 and you should see it in the next release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Makoto said:

Hey Ernest!

Thanks for the feedback!

Adding support for multiple prefixes is unfortunately not available yet and will be a bit tricky to implement, but it's something I'll add as a feature suggestion and look into. Prefixes are a core IPS feature and IPS expects these to just be a single string, not multiple items, so re-engineering the platform to work with multiple prefixes will require some craftyness, but I'll look into ways to potentially make this work. This is something I can't promise a timeframe on unfortunately, however.

I like your suggestions regarding updates to the basic editor though! I'll add this to the feature list for 1.6.0 and you should see it in the next release.

Awesome thank you for looking into adding multiple prefixes and thank you for adding my other suggestions into the next release. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ernest_Defoe said:

Just started working on my site but I’m using the addon and you can see it in use. 
 

https://www.power5fb.com/forum/2-sec/

Thanks, I can see it. But it just can see the prefixes used, that is can be done with ips core ability. Do you have a scene of use that show radical tags power and can't achieved with ips core ability? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kmk said:

Thanks, I can see it. But it just can see the prefixes used, that is can be done with ips core ability. Do you have a scene of use that show radical tags power and can't achieved with ips core ability? 

I have a demonstration of the application on a development server if you're interested,

https://www.taiga.sh/forum/4-delectus-et-qui-corrupti-maiores-hic-nulla-quia/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, kmk said:

Thanks, I can see it. But it just can see the prefixes used, that is can be done with ips core ability. Do you have a scene of use that show radical tags power and can't achieved with ips core ability? 

As I stated I’m just now getting the site up and going. So I’ve just now started adding content. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, it looks like you're resizing the window really small on the desktop in this example, right?

Looking at it normally on my desktop, it looks fine:

image.thumb.png.50993e990c2a333aafe44972c46e81f6.png

I do in part see what you mean, however, this seems like a custom theme issue due to the forced padding on the right hand-corner of the screen your template uses. This issue would be present with prefixes even without Radical Tags installed.

It's a nice looking theme and I'm not faulting the designer, but it does seem like this is just an issue on the themes end. For example, resizing in the same manner on my demo site does not produce this issue:

image.thumb.png.83d9196f668e39b9801f3c30545301f2.png

https://www.taiga.sh/forum/4-delectus-et-qui-corrupti-maiores-hic-nulla-quia/

I'd recommend contacting the theme author to see if they can make some adjustments in this regard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...