Radical Tags

1 hour ago, EmpireKickass said:

So comparing to the other file by Ryan, what's the difference?  

Ryan has discontinued support and development for his original Advanced Tags and Prefixes application, and it hasn't seen much further development since its initial launch anyways as Ryan hasn't had the time to work on it.

Radical Tags has been rewritten from the ground up for the latest releases of IPS.

It replaces the old prefix editor which requires HTML knowledge and manual styling with an easy to use editor anyone can use, or, for more advanced users, provides a fully featured templating system.

In addition, it adds support for tag aliases, automatically converting tags to prefixes, more advanced tag management features, and in the future will support things like multimoderation tools for tags and Prefixes, prefixes for gallery albums, tag/prefix filtering and more.

Edited by Makoto
20 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Hm. This is not currently a feature, but I'll see what I can do.

That would be great! I’m currently trying to rebuild the plugin I mentioned, but as I want different prefixes and buttons in different forums, I’m looking at creating one custom plugin for each forum, which is probably not the best solution.

32 minutes ago, Time Travel Institute said:

This is already possible with Saved Actions.

I want to add more than just a text string to the topic title: I want to add a styled badge or prefix, just like Mark as Sold did. I don’t think this is possible with Saved Actions?

39 minutes ago, Time Travel Institute said:

Have you looked at the options there? You can set prefixes.

I see no such options, and both tags and prefixes are enabled.

Do I need to define the prefixes somewhere? And is it possible to style them, e.g. with different colors?

09C75C05-10A7-42BA-8980-8E664C68D3FE.jpeg

ive bought this and installed. my questions are:

• I clicked to disable advanced tags but have realised you actually need advanced tags still running as this app does not have the ability to add tags to forum categories. how can you setup prefixes in the backend for frontend use? advanced tags added another tab in settings of a forum category which allowed you to select tags and prefixes to use in that category
  • is there a widget/block to use on frontend to show tags / tag cloud? if I disable advanced tags, the tag cloud block is disabled as well
  • it doesn't have the ability like advanced tags app to search for words and then assign tags to those posts. this function (that actually works) would be amazing to have:

931533358_ScreenShot2019-03-30at9_17_19am.thumb.png.12f04ca906b6e949569dcaa7e95774fe.png

Edited by jp
38 minutes ago, jp said:

ive bought this and installed. my questions are:

• it doesn't have the ability like advanced tags app to search for words and then assign tags to those posts.
  • is there a widget/block to use on frontend to show tags / tag cloud

Thank you for your purchase!

Both of these features will be added in the future releases. Right now this is still an early beta of the application (hence the discounted price) and am working to make sure all the more basic features are functioning as intended first.

Currently the application will format prefixes when selected using the regular "Item prefix" option in the tag menu,
MX6Et0g.png

I'll also be adding in the option to require prefixes/select which prefixes can be used on a per-forum basis in the next release, but want to see if there's a way I can cleanly hook into the native "Item prefix" menu instead of requiring two different forms for it as happens with Advanced Tags and Prefixes,

image.thumb.png.2eefb3758d9a8e8ca3a1318bf3fc35bc.png

Keep in mind everything here was rebuilt from the ground up and naturally I can't just copy features directly from the old Advanced Tags & Prefixes mod, so when doing everything for IPS 4.4 and onward I want to make sure everything it's done to modern standards and in as user-friendly of a way as possible.

Edited by Makoto

Firstly, well done, it's great to see an app that can be a replacement to Ryan's.

I wondering though, if this is ready yet for my use case. My community gives support to some certain games and rather than having a heap of forums, we use prefixes to mark which game the topic is related to. These game prefixes are only available in certain appropriate forums and not all. Only 1 prefix can be selected and you can't make your own prefixes or choose any other tag to be a prefix. I can achieve this with Ryan's, though not perfect, I had replace "Prefix" with "Game" in your above screenshot (the ability to name this label would be a bonus) and a few other things.

I see you mentioned you would prefer not having two forms, I'm not sure what idea's you have here are, but selecting the prefix aside from entering custom tags is important in my case at least.

Does this app have to features to achieve this yet?

Thanks!

Edited by Cyrem
On 3/29/2019 at 11:49 PM, Cyrem said:

Firstly, well done, it's great to see an app that can be a replacement to Ryan's.

I wondering though, if this is ready yet for my use case. My community gives support to some certain games and rather than having a heap of forums, we use prefixes to mark which game the topic is related to. These game prefixes are only available in certain appropriate forums and not all. Only 1 prefix can be selected and you can't make your own prefixes or choose any other tag to be a prefix. I can achieve this with Ryan's, though not perfect, I had replace "Prefix" with "Game" in your above screenshot (the ability to name this label would be a bonus) and a few other things.

I see you mentioned you would prefer not having two forms, I'm not sure what idea's you have here are, but selecting the prefix aside from entering custom tags is important in my case at least.

Does this app have to features to achieve this yet?

Thanks!

Hey Cyrem!

Thank you for the feedback!

As the features you mentioned have not yet been implemented in the current version of this application, I would probably recommend holding off (unless you just want to take advantage of the current discounted price, of-course!)

I appreciate your insight on how you're currently using the Advanced Tags and Prefixes application and will reconsider my approach to this. I'll work towards providing an implementation that is workable for everyone.

3 hours ago, Makoto said:

Hey Cyrem!

Thank you for the feedback!

As the features you mentioned have not yet been implemented in the current version of this application, I would probably recommend holding off (unless you just want to take advantage of the current discounted price, of-course!)

I appreciate your insight on how you're currently using the Advanced Tags and Prefixes application and will reconsider my approach to this. I'll work towards providing an implementation that is workable for everyone.

Hey Makoto,

Thanks for your consideration on these features and your honesty, I'd love to take advantage of the lower price, though it's too bad I won't be able to use it till later 😩 I'm actually on 4.4, which Ryan's doesn't support (I hadn't realised at the time support had ended) So i'm in a little bit of a pickle. I'll be keeping an eye on this. 😄

Edited by Cyrem
9 hours ago, JustHatched said:

Thanks for this, I will be watching for the gold release. My site has limped the Advanced Tags along and we are on 4.4 so seeing this gives us hope.

haha me too. Cant wait for @Makoto to sink their teeth into this app and make it amazing 🙂

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:48 AM, Makoto said:

Thank you for your purchase!

Both of these features will be added in the future releases. Right now this is still an early beta of the application (hence the discounted price) and am working to make sure all the more basic features are functioning as intended first.

Currently the application will format prefixes when selected using the regular "Item prefix" option in the tag menu,
MX6Et0g.png

I'll also be adding in the option to require prefixes/select which prefixes can be used on a per-forum basis in the next release, but want to see if there's a way I can cleanly hook into the native "Item prefix" menu instead of requiring two different forms for it as happens with Advanced Tags and Prefixes,

image.thumb.png.2eefb3758d9a8e8ca3a1318bf3fc35bc.png

Keep in mind everything here was rebuilt from the ground up and naturally I can't just copy features directly from the old Advanced Tags & Prefixes mod, so when doing everything for IPS 4.4 and onward I want to make sure everything it's done to modern standards and in as user-friendly of a way as possible.

thanks 🙂

9 hours ago, sonimik1 said:

For when is the new version planned with the features mentioned above?

By next week, or hopefully earlier!

You can track the progress of the next release here:
https://dev.taiga.sh/ips/radical-tags/milestones/2

I also have a new Discord for support/development progress updates if you'd like to join there (though it hasn't been fully set up yet):
https://discord.gg/ZbdgRfP

To provide a quick update, I've got most of the forum/category setting features implemented, and will be adding a script allowing you to import your existing configurations over from Advanced Tags and Prefixes as well.

In addition, I'm reworking the application a bit so that instead of it providing custom formatting exclusively for prefixes, you can optionally add custom formatting to regular tags as well (so if you want color coded tags to display in the normal tag list, you'll be able to do that now!)

Another small update,

I got another feature idea from a comment another user made to me that will also hopefully be added in the next release.

A "prefix" can be used to describe many things. For a gaming discussion forum, it might be the platform a game is on, as an example. If you are requiring members select from designated prefixes, you probably are using them to describe something specific.

So instead of just having the Prefix field displayed like this,

cC1cY5y.png

I plan to add a forum/category based option that lets you customize the language string used in place of "Prefix", so in the screenshot above you could change it to "Platform" as mentioned above, or any other thing that makes sense for you.

Just bought it to support the active development as it is area that is lacking in the core and the other app development is dead. I haven't tried it yet though, but is it possible to add prefixes from the topic view itself? Right now it is very annoying to go in edit mode and add the prefix from there, I have to admit I am too lazy to do it sometimes...

I will test in the next few days and probably write more suggestions, if they are welcome :)

On 4/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, Makoto said:

I plan to add a forum/category based option that lets you customize the language string used in place of "Prefix", so in the screenshot above you could change it to "Platform" as mentioned above, or any other thing that makes sense for you. 

Can't wait!! :laugh: