Plugin and hook check before update to 4.4.2?

Jheroen

Hello,

I want to know if the upgrade to 4.4.2 not only does automatic skin checks (and mentions the incompatible ones) before the upgrade but also shows incompatible hooks and plugins?

If not what happens when you upgrade your board and the incompatible extensions give troubles and or errors?

Does the automatic upgrader switch off those extensions or not?

That’s essentially impossible. Apps/plugin use custom code IPS doesn’t know or monitor. So IPS cannot know or automatically check if they would fail with an update. 
(They could in theory check if the author has set the file to be compatible in the Marketplace. But it’s not working this way at this point AFAIK.)

If you are really worried about this, you could turn off every third-party app and plugin before upgrading and then turn them back on one by one. Personally, I never do that. I never ran into the situation where a third-party module would break the site so I couldn’t access the ACP to turn the app/plugin off after I noticed problems. 

Alright, thanks for your answer, i will remove the non compatible templates (or just set the default template as default) and turn off all plugs and hooks just in case. I can switch them on one by one to see if it causes troubles.

Thanks!

Archived