Removing 1 Account per Email Limitation

jschrag

I think the title is self-explanatory, but basically I would like to allow users to register multiple accounts using the same email address. I didn't see an option in the settings to turn this off, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, jschrag said:

That seems like an odd unilateral choice to make for all boards...are there any plugins or anything that could adjust that?

What other website, regardless of software, allows anyone to have multiple accounts with the same email address?

99.9999% of websites will throw an error if you try to register with an email address that it already has in its database and redirect you to sign in or reset your password. 

That’s true, most do. The biggest I can think of that doesn’t is Reddit, at least in terms of email. I’m also coming from existing forum software that doesn’t have this restriction.

The reason I’m asking is because I run an RPG and having multiple accounts allows our users to keep different characters separate. I’ve seen other people mention on various threads they run similar types of boards and just wanted to know if they had found a way around this restriction.

Archived