Ezoic & Invision Compatibility

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

It seems to me like Ezoic is dropping off a bit with ad revenue in Q2 vs what I'm seeing them push through mediation/adsense. Its like they can't fill. Anyone else noticing this? 

I've always had very bad CPM with adsense so I see no change, very poor results.

6 hours ago, asigno said:

I haven't noticed any issues, I suppose it depends on what industry you're in. Have you reached out to your publisher manager? They'll do a free audit of your setup.

Yes, I reached out to them. I noticed the downward trend once mediation with adsense started going up, which is higher than ezoic earnings lately.

Edited by AlexWebsites

19 hours ago, asigno said:

@AlexWebsites I checked back and I haven't lost impressions to mediation in the two year period I looked. It made me think though, what level are you on? The higher the level the higher paid ads you get. I'm mostly on 2 Elite but fluctuate to 3.

For Premium I was on 5 star elite but recently moved down to 4 star elite.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Mark Round said:

Hi all,

just wondering how you added the ezoic code, did you put this in a template or use a config file on server root?

I changed my DNS Nameservers to Ezoic. I don’t use Cloudflare 🙂 

22 hours ago, Mark Round said:

Did you add the xff header code anywhere 

I dont think so... What's that header?

I had to change my settings to this in order to avoid issues with logins and cache:

Could contain: Document, Text, Page, File, Webpage

Anyhow I still experience every now and then some Error communicating with origin... Usually close to the weekend. For instance, this morning.

15 minutes ago, Mark Round said:

Unfortunately we are experiencing issues and the xff header code needs to be utilised, im surprised nobody has come across this. Any tips? Invision guys?

You tried my config?

Anyhow, write a ticket or email to Ezoic. They gave me support, I was also having issues with logins and caching.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:58 PM, Mark Round said:

Ezoic are telling me to do this, but i cant for the life of me find this anywhere

https://support.ezoic.com/kb/article/using-the-xforwardedfor-xff-header

Hi Mark,

Wow, I've been experiencing "Error communicating with origin" lately and eventually Ezoic told me to enable Xforwarded for header.

Did you manage to enable this en IPS? Any idea on how to perform that?

Cheers,

Ibai

On 10/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, AlexWebsites said:
{{if member.inGroup('x')}}
	<meta name="ezoicstopads" content="subscribers" />
{{endif}}

Alex, does this have to be manually placed in templates? if so which template should be used so the tag is shown in every forum page?

inGroup('x') is the numeric user group id or user group name?

How do we supply multiple user groups?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Ibai said:

Hi Mark,

Wow, I've been experiencing "Error communicating with origin" lately and eventually Ezoic told me to enable Xforwarded for header.

Did you manage to enable this en IPS? Any idea on how to perform that?

Cheers,

Ibai

No i never got anywhere with it. I was hoping the invision team would know the answer.Since they dropped support for non cloud customers its been a real chore getting anything

14 hours ago, virap1 said:

Alex, does this have to be manually placed in templates? if so which template should be used so the tag is shown in every forum page?

inGroup('x') is the numeric user group id or user group name?

How do we supply multiple user groups?

Thank you.

I put it in the global template before the head.  It's usergroup ID.

For multiple usergroups, follow the logic posted here: