Custom Profile Field Displaying Empty Content

ahc

On 3/22/2019 at 10:28 AM, bfarber said:

I can't reproduce with a basic test locally, so I'd recommend submitting a ticket so we can take a look.

The recent patches have resolved this, however, there is now a new issue.  Custom fields using the member field type were displaying html.  After the latest patch, they're now displaying the inputted member's ID number in plain text.

ad049cbfff4103c6a145551305e9d377.png

3 hours ago, bfarber said:

You will need to update your custom formatting to use $processedContent instead of $content

Is this something new for 4.2.2?  The description says to use $content for the formatted user added content.  

On 3/29/2019 at 7:05 PM, Alismora said:

Is this something new for 4.2.2?  The description says to use $content for the formatted user added content.  

Yes, the description in 4.4.0-4.4.1 said to use $content, but if you go edit the field you'll see that the processed content is now $processedContent. There were some concerns with how the custom formatting options were updated with 4.4.x so we've addressed this for most clients, but it seems you may have been caught in the cross-over.

21 hours ago, Optic14 said:

@Alismora did you get this resolved?

I have a similar profile field but it is rendering even when "No Value" / blank is set for the field by the member.

I am using $content

$processedContent doesn't work for me.

I am on 4.4.2

No, this is a bug on their end with no ETA on when it will be fixed.  I tried to get this resolved via support ticket to only be given the third party content excuse after I showed them the results with and without it.  I had to reproduce the bug on a clean install with a new database and I haven't heard anything since giving that data to them.  It's been 2-3 weeks since it was first reported.  I want to assume it'll come with a patch for 4.4.2 before a 4.4.3 is released.

This happens if the field is changed back to a no value/blank option rendering a 0 for $content and a blank space for $processedContent.

14 hours ago, Alismora said:

No, this is a bug on their end with no ETA on when it will be fixed.  I tried to get this resolved via support ticket to only be given the third party content excuse after I showed them the results with and without it.  I had to reproduce the bug on a clean install with a new database and I haven't heard anything since giving that data to them.  It's been 2-3 weeks since it was first reported.  I want to assume it'll come with a patch for 4.4.2 before a 4.4.3 is released.

This happens if the field is changed back to a no value/blank option rendering a 0 for $content and a blank space for $processedContent.

Can you give me the ticket number please? It's extremely rare to have a ticket open for "2-3 weeks" without a resolution/response. If the issue was not considered a bug you should have been told that, else if the issue is going to be fixed in an upcoming release you should have been told that as well.

6 hours ago, bfarber said:

Can you give me the ticket number please? It's extremely rare to have a ticket open for "2-3 weeks" without a resolution/response. If the issue was not considered a bug you should have been told that, else if the issue is going to be fixed in an upcoming release you should have been told that as well.

Sorry for not explaining clearly, the recent ticket is not weeks old.  I marked the original one resolved after feeling road blocked and took some time to do my own investigating on my test site before I opened up the recent one which was Thursday last week.  Mark H. acknowledged it and escalated the ticket to upper tier support.  

I just received a response 5 hours ago today from Daniel F. that the issue has finally been fixed for an upcoming release.  @Optic14

Archived