NULL NewVersion AdminCP notification

Makoto

Looks like v4.4.2 was just recently released.

I was running the beta version on my dev installation when I got a notification for it, as well as a second "blank" NewVersion notification that causes the AdminCP to crash when in development mode,

x2SIeoj.png

0CVknvD.png

Not sure if it's just a glitch from running the beta or if other users might start seeing a new release of IPS from 1969 or not, so just thought I'd let you know.

I hit this earlier on with 4.4 development (and have checked around and at least one other dev has as well), but in my case it was due to switching branches between 4.3 development and 4.4 development, and with the other dev he only ran into it after manually adjusting his versions in the database to get rid of upgrade banners.

I would recommend keeping an eye out as 4.4 progresses and new releases are put out, and let us know if the issue continues to occur. It's definitely an IN_DEV -related oddity, but it could easily be just "growing pains" (and naturally we wouldn't want to dedicate a lot of developer time right now with other issues open towards investigating a rare IN_DEV-only concern).

On 3/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, bfarber said:

I hit this earlier on with 4.4 development (and have checked around and at least one other dev has as well), but in my case it was due to switching branches between 4.3 development and 4.4 development, and with the other dev he only ran into it after manually adjusting his versions in the database to get rid of upgrade banners.

That's when I got it as well. 

It's a 5 second fix. Find:

$this->_details['security']

Replace with

( isset( $this->_details['security'] ) AND $this->_details['security'] )

Save, commit, done.

Archived