Quote to edit field ?

Li3D

• 5 weeks later...

I get the point, but what’s the use case for it?

I’ve never noticed this behavior, since there is never a case where I would want to do that. If I edit a post as a user, I usually make minor corrections, like correcting a typo. If I make changes as admin, I usually remove stuff, e.g. a questionable link. I wouldn’t want to add anything substantial to existing posts. That would be highly confusing in the flow of the discussion. 

Just now, opentype said:

I get the point, but what’s the use case for it?

I’ve never noticed this behavior, since there is never a case where I would want to do that. If I edit a post as a user, I usually make minor corrections, like correcting a typo. If I make changes as admin, I usually remove stuff, e.g. a questionable link. I wouldn’t want to add anything substantial to existing posts. That would be highly confusing in the flow of the discussion. 

Honestly I dont know but some of my users are complaning about this. Maybe I should tell them it's simply not worth the hassle. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas Hop said:

Honestly I dont know but some of my users are complaning about this. Maybe I should tell them it's simply not worth the hassle. 

If that would happen on my site, I would put a paragraph in my ToS, explaining why such major changes to existing posts are not a good idea and then point people there. 

Archived