Banned Member Options

ahc

I made a suggestion about hiding profiles for banned members a couple of months ago, but I want to expand on that suggestion.  I can't edit the topic any longer.  Currently, the options for banned members are limited and a lot of the cleanup has to be done manually after the ban is given.  A more automated task system for banning members would be great.  

When a member is receiving a warning with an indefinite ban attached, the following should be optional tasks for the system to run automatically:

• Hide or delete all content automatically (similar to mark as spammer)
  • Hide their profiles/display an error screen stating the profile is not available when a member attempts to view it (and have the error screen be customizable)
  • Remove all their followed content and remove their followers
  • Remove them from all clubs they are not leaders in (if clubs are enabled)

To add on to this request

• Banned members should be able to send in support tickets, for a reasonable amount of time (so they can at least request to delete personal data in their posts or ask for a second chance and excuse themselves, communicating via email concerning accounts is not an option)
  • Banned members shouldnt be able to send pm to others, currently it looks like this is allowed (<- maybe this is an error in my installation?)

4 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Banned members shouldnt be able to send pm to others, currently it looks like this is allowed (<- maybe this is an error in my installation?)

That's definitely not intended.  When a banned member logs in, they are shown this message and a list of account warnings if there are any present.

da3f8cec93b781845803fda649de27d9.png

It shouldn't let them access any part of the website while they're logged in.

Archived