A mention in a message box fails to notify member

SJ77

I add messages quite often to downloads files that I cannot approve. I will notify the member letting them know why I have not approved it.

It was recently brought to my attention that the mention system isn't notifying members as it should when used inside a message box.

HELP!

not workingf.JPG

At present, mentions will only send a notification if directly used as part of a content item or comment, not in associated meta data or areas that are not content items (e.g. if you add a mention in a forum description, the member will not get a notification there either).

1 minute ago, bfarber said:

At present, mentions will only send a notification if directly used as part of a content item or comment, not in associated meta data or areas that are not content items (e.g. if you add a mention in a forum description, the member will not get a notification there either).

Thanks, any plans to make this work to lead the customer to my message I left for them (using a mention)? This feature would be VERY helpful.

4 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Is this using the recommended reply feature? 

I usually send a separate PM or add a comment to the file to notify a member when this happens.  

Yeah, now that I know it doesn't notify anyone I suppose I will have to crack open a PM and manually notify someone. Would be nice if I could be efficient and let the mention do it's job though.

Archived