[PAID] Limit inserting links till have x posts

MediaDiGi

Hello guys,

I don't know by other communities administrator but we get a lot of members that signup just to make a post for dropping a link and then never come back. That's why we need a plugin that will prevent members under x (let's say 10) posts to insert links in their posts.

links.thumb.png.473b472457c47eee24cc6144ac51360e.png

Who can help us with that?

It's built-in functionality. There's a group option to limit the number of images and links in a post.

You need to create a new group though and then set it to auto promote after xx days or x posts. So basically my new members go into a "New Members" group that has these restrictions on them. Then after a few posts they are auto-promoted to my "Members" group which has less restrictions.

Those are spammers you are encountering, we get em all the time. At this point we have to keep an eye on new members for awhile till we are comfortable with them, then we can take our eyes off them, but ya, it sure would be nice to have a way to do just what you state.

23 hours ago, MediaDIGI.com said:

Hello guys,

I don't know by other communities administrator but we get a lot of members that signup just to make a post for dropping a link and then never come back. That's why we need a plugin that will prevent members under x (let's say 10) posts to insert links in their posts.

1 minute ago, JohnCourt said:

Those are spammers you are encountering, we get em all the time. At this point we have to keep an eye on new members for awhile till we are comfortable with them, then we can take our eyes off them, but ya, it sure would be nice to have a way to do just what you state.

It's the same here. Spammers are telling a heartbreaking story and leave a link to a shop or therapist (in my case). 

We could share the costs for this functionality. Or (and?) @Makoto can sell the plugin in Marketplace.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, MediaDIGI.com said:

That's why we need a plugin that will prevent members under x (let's say 10) posts to insert links in their posts.

I’d guess such a plugin might be quite popular, and seems to me to be something much needed. I’d certainly get a plugin that could do this.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, MediaDIGI.com said:

Hello guys,

I have this but not available to be purchased. It was tagged for review and I never came back to it. If no one else makes a new one, I’ll rework on this. 

EDIT: mine was by number of days as member.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:56 PM, MediaDIGI.com said:

Keep in mind though, that while this would work, it would also prevent normal users with legitimate reasons from posting links. That could be quite frustrating for them or even make certain topics completely pointless.

The existing method to deal with this issue is to moderate the first posts (group setting), so messages like that are spotted and never published. It’s manual work, but keeps the legitimate users happy. 

Archived