Translate emails like welcome email?

Black Tiger

How can I translate the e-mails like the verification e-mail?

Or is there a way to send them in another language then English by default?

I coulnd't find it in the templates or language file. Odd thing... the welcome e-mail is send translated. The activation e-mail is not.

I've found those sentences in the languages strings. However, as said, the English languaged activation mail is send out.

Then on confirmation, a dutch languages welcome message is send.

So it should be correct.. but how can I take care that also a Dutch languaged activation email is send out default?

The default language of my site is set to dutch,. I tested myself, and could not choose a language. When creating a new account, the validation email was in English while the translation (relevant strings) to Dutch in the language file is present.

So if I get an English languaged activation mail, then I can presume this is a bug?

I'm a bit confused. If the only language that is enabled is Dutch, the only language strings from your Dutch language pack can be selected and sent. My hunch is that you have overlooked a translation somewhere (i.e. you translated the string you thought was correct, but in reality it was a similar string but not exactly the one you needed to translate).

Put another way - if the English language pack is not enabled, then no language strings from that pack will be used.

7 minutes ago, bfarber said:

I'm a bit confused. If the only language that is enabled is Dutch, the only language strings from your Dutch language pack can be selected and sent.

You don't need to be confused. I never said I only had the Dutch language enabled. I have both Dutch and English enabled and all is translated (I doublechecked) or else the search option is not showing everything. 😉

I got a very nice explanation from Marc, that the system some differences can occur, depending on system language and browser/browser language used.

However, in my case, it looks as if I did everything correctly. We need both language packs as we have English and Dutch users.

Edit: There is already a ticket in place.

Ah I see, I made a wrong word choice, which caused the confusion.

In fact I could choose a language, on the bottom of the forum. I see I typed this wrong. The "could not choose a language" should have been "have not choosen a language". Because I was able to choos between languages, but there was no need for as it was presented in Dutch.

Tier 2 is going to have a look at it.

Archived