Post before registering bug?

Owdy

If i enable that feature in one forum, our register page is allways like this:

image.thumb.png.343ef3e7c35e82aafca13f6b09e2dbef.png

User comes to site. Clicks Register. Gets text "Thanks for your submission. Before your content can be seen by other members, we need to create an account for you.". What submission?

That text should be there only if post before register, not allways, right? Please dont tell me this is a feature,

Oh, you're testing from the same computer after starting but not completing a "post before register" process?

You're just hitting a niche outlying scenario that no real user would hit (because obviously they cannot login to your AdminCP and adjust your settings). Delete the cookie in your browser and move along with your day. 🙂

2 hours ago, Owdy said:

This is a reason i dont create bug reports anymore. Its allways feature or users fault. 

Everybody's feedback and bug reports are appreciated, especially when you're not sure.  This will help Support determine if a problem is systematic to all communities or a truly unique one-off.  

Fortunately, your case is determined to be a truly rare situation that is triggered only by the admins who can adjust the ACP settings in the middle of testing.  

Support is a valuable part of your active license, and helping IPS identify potential bug reports benefits all communities.  

Also, it's worth noting that we've been trying to be a little more transparent about bug fixes in the last few releases, which you can see here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

There are hundreds of bug fixes listed individually (and many that were consolidated into more generic lines like "Fixed invalid HTML" which may have spanned 5 tickets or 10 bug reports in a single release), so I just wanted to be sure you understand that we do take bugs seriously and work very hard to fix truly "broken" functionality.

Archived