Maintenance Tasks Not Running

StevenT_505811

Hi everyone... Before I contact support, does anyone have a fix for this:

Maintenance Tasks Not Running

Your community is configured to run routine maintenance tasks using a cron, however, it does not appear to be running. This will cause significant damage to your community if not resolved. Please run the support tool, and submit a ticket for technical support if this does not resolve the issue.

Fix this    After fixing the issue you may want to hide this notification until tomorrow as it will not automatically dismiss until the backlog has cleared.

Now, before you ask... I've already disabled 3rd party enhancements (like plugins, themes, etc...).  No such luck, as I still have the message.  I've tried searching the forum board for a similar issue, but no success.  Thank you for any assistance.

Error.JPG

Error2.JPG

You've set the tasks to run via a Cron (a 'task') , have you set up this task via Cpanel / your web's control panel ? You have to create and setup the task via Cpanel etc if you choose this option. If so does it run often enough ?

You may need to ask your host to assist with this if you're not sure.

You can always switch it back to run via "traffic" if your site has frequent visitors, this may well be quite enough.

Go to advanced configuration (under settings) and change the Task Method option back to the default option, which is:

Run Automatically with Traffic (Default) 

Your tasks will then run. If you choose the cron option, you need to manually set that up on your server. 

As above. :)

There are lots of built in tasks already, by the sounds of it you've switched them to run via a Cron , rather than with traffic (automatic) , choosing Cron means you need to setup a CronJob yourself on the server, whereas "with traffic" they will usually run in order on each page load/visit (this is how they used to be in previous versions anyway)

Archived