Mark site read bug?

Owdy

28 minutes ago, Owdy said:

Upgraded to latest version. If i hit mark site  read, i have to manually reload page to topics clear. Known bug?

Not a bug. IPS changed it. I’ve made a plugin to restore the 4.3 behavior but they didn’t want to approve it. They say it was a bug before; that it should be ajaxed from the start. 

Personally I hate the way it is now. I simply click to mark read twice here on IPS then the page is cleared. 😂

31 minutes ago, opentype said:

It should refresh without a page load now. So you might have a JavaScript problem.

It doesnt do that. Default skin.

16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not a bug. IPS changed it. I’ve made a plugin to restore the 4.3 behavior but they didn’t want to approve it. They say it was a bug before; that it should be ajaxed from the start. 

Personally I hate the way it is now. I simply click to mark read twice here on IPS then the page is cleared. 😂

Whaaat? Rediculous. 

I’m talking about custom AS:

Current way: it set items as read, which means that the item title isn’t bold anymore and the dot before the title goes away

4.2 & 4.3: it set items read and reload page so no items is displayed anymore 

3 minutes ago, Owdy said:

Whaaat? Rediculous. 

Agrred but that’s the way it is now. 

19 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m talking about custom AS:

Oh, you mean streams which only show unread content. Now I get it. 

Yeah, I can replicate that. It marks the entries as read, but doesn’t remove them. Personally, I couldn’t care less. Other than a “that’s how I’m used to see it”,  I can’t think of a reason why I would want to load the empty page. The point of the function is to mark the entries read and it does that. 

13 minutes ago, opentype said:

I can’t think of a reason why I would want to load the empty page. The point of the function is to mark the entries read and it does that. 

Well, I chose to see UNREAD items on my AS. Mark them as read and leaving them there is not respecting a choice they allowed me to do.

That’s a good reason to me.

Archived