New email unsubscribe options - Thanks, and...

rgf100

First off, many thanks for putting that no-login unfollow link in email notifications. I've been wanted to see that for AGES. 

Now the suggestion bit. 

Currently, if you're not logged in, you get the option to unsubscribe to emails for that item, or for everything. If you're logged in, you get to adjust options for that one single item. 

I'd like to see a more obvious 'no more emails, thanks' option for logged-in members. It's 2019, there's no reason to be making this any harder than it needs to be. Yes, they can click through and adjust notification options. I don't think they should have to. 

Also, does the current set up also remove them from the admin emails list? I think it probably should, or that should be there as another option. 

Caution! The 'stop emails' options for members who aren't logged-in actually removes ALL notifications, including on-site. This caught me by surprise and I now have hundreds of topics I want on-site notifications for, which have been set to 'no notifications'. I've got a ticket in to see if this is intended behaviour. 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:56 AM, rgf100 said:

Caution! The 'stop emails' options for members who aren't logged-in actually removes ALL notifications, including on-site. This caught me by surprise and I now have hundreds of topics I want on-site notifications for, which have been set to 'no notifications'. I've got a ticket in to see if this is intended behaviour. 

Yeah I would prefer it go to go on site notifications at that point by default unless they click an additional screen saying no notifications on either. The choice would be best.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:56 AM, rgf100 said:

The 'stop emails' options for members who aren't logged-in actually removes ALL notifications, including on-site.

That is really bad if it auto removes all notifications as well. Clearly email and notifications are different. 

Archived