"Who Was Online" Question

tsruha

Good Morning,

Is there a way to show the number of guests browsing my site instead of only members?  With the old version it used to show this but I can't seem to find how to get this to work now.  I used the slider on the left to edit the boxes but no luck there.

2105556472_Screenshot_2019-03-11QuitTrainAQuitSmokingSupportGroupcopy.thumb.png.65ea564fc7ffc847f94e868ffd06b3a5.png

I'm interested too on this.

This is the default code.

<h3 class='ipsType_reset ipsWidget_title'>    
    {lang="block_whowasonline"} 
    {{if $orientation == 'horizontal'}}
&nbsp;<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_unbold ipsType_medium'>{lang="who_was_online_last_x" sprintf="$hour" pluralize="$memberCount"}</span>     
    {{endif}}    
</h3>
<div class='ipsWidget_inner ipsPad'>
    {{if $memberCount}}
        <ul class='ipsList_inline ipsList_csv ipsList_noSpacing'>
            {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->who_was_online_photo}}
          {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->who_was_online_photo_size == 0}}
            {{foreach $members as $row}}
                {template="userPhoto" app="core" params="\IPS\Member::load( $row['member_id'] ), 'tiny'" group="global"} 
            {{endforeach}}
          {{endif}}
          {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->who_was_online_photo_size == 1}}
                {template="userPhoto" app="core" params="\IPS\Member::load( $row['member_id'] ), 'medium'" group="global"} 
            {{endforeach}}
          {{endif}}

{{else}}
                <li>{template="userLinkFromData" group="global" app="core" params="$row['member_id'], $row['name'], $row['members_seo_name'], $row['member_group_id']"}</li>
            {{endforeach}}
          {{endif}}
        </ul>
        {{if $orientation == 'vertical' and $memberCount > 60}}
            <p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>
                <a href='{url="app=core&module=online&controller=online" seoTemplate="online"}'>{lang="and_x_others" pluralize="$memberCount - 60"}</a>
            </p>
        {{endif}}
{{if $stat !== false && $orientation!='vertical'}}
<hr>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_unbold ipsType_medium'>{$stat|raw}</span>
{{endif}}
    {{else}}
        <p class='ipsType_reset ipsType_medium ipsType_light'>{lang="who_was_online_users_empty"}</p>
    {{endif}}
</div>

¿Can somebody add Guests on it?

So I can copy/paste

2 hours ago, tsruha said:

Good Morning,

Is there a way to show the number of guests browsing my site instead of only members?  With the old version it used to show this but I can't seem to find how to get this to work now.  I used the slider on the left to edit the boxes but no luck there.

2105556472_Screenshot_2019-03-11QuitTrainAQuitSmokingSupportGroupcopy.thumb.png.65ea564fc7ffc847f94e868ffd06b3a5.png

have you tried the default theme?

shows on my test site and fairly sure it's done via the language file nowadays 

3 hours ago, tsruha said:

Good Morning,

Who Was Online (former Members Online Today) has never shown guest number that why called Members Online, i know this one i current owner said plugin and second i have old dev files from when Michael McCune created the plugin.

2 hours ago, Remorse said:

I'm interested too on this.

This is the default code.

<h3 class='ipsType_reset ipsWidget_title'>    
    {lang="block_whowasonline"} 
    {{if $orientation == 'horizontal'}}
&nbsp;<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_unbold ipsType_medium'>{lang="who_was_online_last_x" sprintf="$hour" pluralize="$memberCount"}</span>     
    {{endif}}    
</h3>
<div class='ipsWidget_inner ipsPad'>
    {{if $memberCount}}
        <ul class='ipsList_inline ipsList_csv ipsList_noSpacing'>
            {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->who_was_online_photo}}
          {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->who_was_online_photo_size == 0}}
                {template="userPhoto" app="core" params="\IPS\Member::load( $row['member_id'] ), 'tiny'" group="global"} 
            {{endforeach}}
          {{endif}}
          {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->who_was_online_photo_size == 1}}
                {template="userPhoto" app="core" params="\IPS\Member::load( $row['member_id'] ), 'medium'" group="global"} 
            {{endforeach}}
          {{endif}}

{{else}}
                <li>{template="userLinkFromData" group="global" app="core" params="$row['member_id'], $row['name'], $row['members_seo_name'], $row['member_group_id']"}</li>
            {{endforeach}}
          {{endif}}
        </ul>
        {{if $orientation == 'vertical' and $memberCount > 60}}
            <p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>
                <a href='{url="app=core&module=online&controller=online" seoTemplate="online"}'>{lang="and_x_others" pluralize="$memberCount - 60"}</a>
            </p>
        {{endif}}
{{if $stat !== false && $orientation!='vertical'}}
<hr>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_unbold ipsType_medium'>{$stat|raw}</span>
{{endif}}
    {{else}}
        <p class='ipsType_reset ipsType_medium ipsType_light'>{lang="who_was_online_users_empty"}</p>
    {{endif}}
</div>

¿Can somebody add Guests on it?

So I can copy/paste

The code pasted loads a widget file and if want guest show need hire someone but can't use any my own work has be created from new framework.

1 hour ago, sound said:

have you tried the default theme?

shows on my test site and fairly sure it's done via the language file nowadays 

ahhh 

I thought you were on about the default 'online' block not the custom 24 hr plugin

my error...

• 1 month later...

The older version of this software used to show guests and you could click to see who was online and it would show not only registered members, but also guests, google etc.  I would love to get this feature back as it shows more precisely how many people (and bots) are viewing the forum, thus shows a more realistic picture of traffic.

1 hour ago, tsruha said:

The older version of this software used to show guests and you could click to see who was online and it would show not only registered members, but also guests, google etc.  I would love to get this feature back as it shows more precisely how many people (and bots) are viewing the forum, thus shows a more realistic picture of traffic.

The activity stream has an Online Users feed that shows guests and what they’re viewing, and which you can further filter to view Logged In users

9 hours ago, supernal said:

The activity stream has an Online Users feed that shows guests and what they’re viewing, and which you can further filter to view Logged In users

Thank you.  Yes, in the ACP I can see everything but I was referring to publicly show the members and also the amount of guests.  It used to show this stat and was wondering if there is a way to show how many members, how many guests and then a total of them both.

Archived