Umbrella accounts - master account can buy multiple subs

David Scher

I am soon launching my community and plan to sell subscriptions to our content database and forum. 

Some of these sales will be to individuals, but I am hoping to build a larger community by offering company-wide registration for only a bit more than an individual registration.

The ability to have a master account which manages sub-subscribers would be great. As it stands now, if I sell one company subscription, I will have to manually manage the sub-accounts by hand and monitor if there is a cancellation of the master.

I don't think there's a way to do this in IPS. Please correct me if wrong.

Restrict Content Pro for Wordpress has this feature.

The newer subscription system is designed so you only buy one subscription with the option to switch between them. For more sophisticated set-ups, you need to use the subscription option inside the “normal product”. That allows any number of independent subscriptions with automatic renewals and cancellations. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, opentype said:

The newer subscription system is designed so you only buy one subscription with the option to switch between them. For more sophisticated set-ups, you need to use the subscription option inside the “normal product”. That allows any number of independent subscriptions with automatic renewals and cancellations. 

Thanks for the reply.

I may not have been clear.

I plan to sell memberships to individual subscribers (one person) and companies. An individual account is one person at $100. A company subscription is for five individuals at $300, who would all reside under that company umbrella. If the company stops paying, all of those individuals lose access.

Is there a way to do this now?

If not, it would be a wonderful feature. Restrict Content Pro for Wordpress has a feature like this: https://restrictcontentpro.com/pricing/

Thanks for any additional insight! 

7 minutes ago, David Scher said:

A company subscription is for five individuals at $300, who would all reside under that company umbrella. If the company stops paying, all of those individuals lose access.

Subscriptions and Products are only able to be tied to 1 member at this time. 

Archived