Why can't we use coupons with subscription plans?

Tom S.

Not being able to offer discounts is the main blocker for me not being able to use the Subscriptions feature in Commerce.

I cannot see any logical reason for this option not being available. Am I missing a trick? If not, please can I get an explanation as to why this is the case.

My hack is very messy and I’ve been asking for subscription coupons since the manager was released. 

I set the coupon to work on all products and then set an anti-fraud rule to hold transactions the coupon was used in for approval for proper usage.  Not having a product restriction lets people use it for subscriptions, though I’m not sure if this is intended or an oversight. Most people don’t try to push the limits, but the fraud rule helps when they do. 

We have a major membership sale every quarter and it would hurt our bottom line to not do it while waiting on invision to bring this feature to subscriptions a proper way. 

I regret moving my subscription products to the manager and would stop using it if conversion worked the other way around. I may just bite the bullet and do it manually one day soon. The idea was solid and I was happy to know I could keep subscription based products separately from things in the store, but it’s too bare bones compared to the options you have using a regular commerce product. 

On 3/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, Alismora said:

I regret moving my subscription products to the manager and would stop using it if conversion worked the other way around.

I would feel the same way in your position. Would be nice to get an update on whether we can ever expect this to be a feature.

• 1 month later...

It would be awesome if you could use coupons for subscription plans. What I want to do is build a subscription plan. Then when a new member registers the new member can use a coupon for a free month of access to the website. Currently it is not possible. Would be nice to toss out a coupon for holidays for a percentage off the membership price.

Like right now I'm trying to get new registered members placed in Test Drive Group. Which is no problem. The problem I'm running into is the using the promotion tool and trying to move members that have been over 30 days registered to "Members" group. Problem is the test member doesn't move. Be so much easier using the coupons. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My confusion comes when making a coupon, I don't see anywhere I can select which of my (2) "subscription plans" the coupon should apply toward - they do not appear in the list of products.

So when your coupon worked, is it set with no restriction, so someone could use it on anything in the shop? That wouldn't make sense at all, we should be able to limit it to specific subscriptions only.

Archived