Unread Content - slow after upgrade to 4.4.1

AlexJ

After clicking on Unread Content it takes a while to show content, after upgrading the forums to 4.4.1. Any pointer to figure out from where the slowness comes? Tried disabling all app as well but still same behavior. 

PS I installed that MySQL Patch which was release after 4.4.1 release.

PS2 - All task are completed. 

6 hours ago, Platinumwealth.co.za said:

Works on my end (I upgraded last night). 

What php version are you running atm. 

What version of mysql/mariadb.

What caching method did you choose? 

PHP 7.2.15

MySQL 5.6.29

Same issue happens on this IPS company forum as well. 

I have a workaround : 

Once Unread Content is displayed, change some information filter (Time period for example from 365 days to any), save as new stream and make it your default stream. You can then use it as it is, or even revert back to default Unread Content, it magically starts to work as fast as expected.

17 hours ago, b416 said:

I have a workaround : 

Once Unread Content is displayed, change some information filter (Time period for example from 365 days to any), save as new stream and make it your default stream. You can then use it as it is, or even revert back to default Unread Content, it magically starts to work as fast as expected.

Somehow it didn't help.. On IPS forums it's massive slow as well ...It took almost 40 sec to show me my unread content.  

Click Me for Video

On 3/12/2019 at 4:39 AM, AlexJ said:

Did u find solution? I am about to create ticket but I don't want to bug @Rhett when we our-self can solve the issue 🙂

Nothing as of yet. 

I've changed the default unread content stream to show all content as opposed to only content items that haven't been read. Loads up as quick as expected with that. 

3 minutes ago, bfarber said:

We've identified the cause and this should be resolved in our upcoming 4.4.2 release.

Thank you! This was driving me nuts!  Can't wait for 4.4.2 beta 1 to go public. Would try beta 1 itself but you guys don't support beta releases when I raise ticket so I just wait it out. 

Unfortunately, the issue persists for me. 

Read status set as "Everything" streams load pretty quickly.

Read status set as "Content I haven't read" and streams take anywhere from 10seconds up to load, depending on how far back the stream looks. I've reduced it to a few days to achieve 10 seconds. 

7 hours ago, DavoteK said:

Unfortunately, the issue persists for me. 

Read status set as "Everything" streams load pretty quickly.

Read status set as "Content I haven't read" and streams take anywhere from 10seconds up to load, depending on how far back the stream looks. I've reduced it to a few days to achieve 10 seconds. 

Can you share your forum link please? 

Archived